SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 05-24-2019, 07:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

still have corrupted EPG guide data

Is there a way to force sagetv to re-download all sdepg data from scratch? I would like it to be able to override wrong programming listed due to corruption within sagetv. I have found that if i have a corrupted video file imported into sagetv that it will corrupt the show listings. ie I had a corrupted few episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond. in various places within guide it would display that episode as an upcoming airing instead of the correct show in multiple time slots. This has happened with lots of different shows so that epg negatively affects recording schedules, by taping the wrong show or populating the database with non existence episodes instead of the genuine ones. I will see shows listed that I know are hour long shows popping up in guide as 30 minute shows. I have found that unselecting a channel & reactivating it doesn't repopulate the epg only fills in missing show listing if present, but doesn't have any impact on wrong listings. I have found that the only time that a change of listing happens is if SD sends an update for programming change with an alert attached. Can we improve upon the epg? I know the extra scanning isn't probably welcome, since it puts a bigger workload on the servers. A manual option to fix epg when there is an issue would be nice though, esp when it is a problem originating from the user end rather than SD.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Does deleting sdmd5sched then triggering another EPG update clean things up?
Old 05-24-2019, 06:57 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxysurfer View Post
I have found that if i have a corrupted video file imported into sagetv that it will corrupt the show listings. ie I had a corrupted few episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond. in various places within guide it would display that episode as an upcoming airing instead of the correct show in multiple time slots. This has happened with lots of different shows so that epg negatively affects recording schedules, by taping the wrong show or populating the database with non existence episodes instead of the genuine ones. I will see shows listed that I know are hour long shows popping up in guide as 30 minute shows.
Just curious, are the video files from an OTA source? I wonder if the corrupted file has corrupted ATSC EPG data.

Perhaps you could try disabling the OTA EPG scan/import? See https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24713

--John