SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Nvidia Shield+Miniclient+OpenDCT=so close

I have been using the miniclient on and off for the past couple of years and recently got it working better than ever with the goal of being able to watch TV from both the antenna and cable with 5.1 sound, and use the Nvidia Shield as the all-in-one box for TV and streaming. I changed my OTA tuner from a Hauppauge Quad PCIe to the HDHR Quatro, so now I can run all my video sources through OpenDCT to get re-muxed with ffmpeg. With the exoplayer selected and by selecting the decode audio in ffmpeg option, it is working pretty well, except for a-v sync. Most times, when watching TV the a-v is synced, but when using either the comskip auto-skip or the skip forward backward, when the show resumes sometimes the a-v becomes un-synced. Not sure why this happens, but usually skipping back or pausing/resuming can get a-v re-synced. Sometimes it takes multiple attempts to re-sync. This annoyance is enough to make my family want to continue using the HD300s. (I know I can switch to ijkplayer and get better video results with stereo audio.) A second problem that I have noticed is that the Miniclient will pixelate when switching scenes on occasion. The same video is rendered better on the HD300. I know this is related to either the exoplayer or ijkplayer. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else has observed these things and if any of this could be addressed with a future update. Thanks for reading.