SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Miniclient, Nvidia Shield, Flirc and Logitech 650

I have been using the rock-solid HD300 for years with a logitech 650 remote. I now have the Nividia Shield, miniclient, a flirc (gen.2) and the 650 such that the remote controls are behaving almost the same as with the HD300, except for one slight difference. I was wondering if anyone might know how to fix this minor inconvenience. With the HD300, the channel +/channel - buttons will do different things depending on the context. In the channel guide, they will do a page up/down (vs. moving it one channel via the up/down arrows). When watching an MKV file, they will skip chapters forwards or backwards. I believe that they also do a page up/down thing in setup menus as well.

I can get the page up/page down in the channel guide working by assigning ir codes to page up/page down in the full keyboard via the flirc, however, this doesn't get the chapter skipping capability when playing MKVs. I have tried page up/page down, control up/control down, F5/F6, and none of these does what the logitech 650 channel +/- buttons do when assigned to the HD300 remote keys of the same name.

Does anyone know how to get this to work? Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telecore View Post
I have been using the rock-solid HD300 for years with a logitech 650 remote. I now have the Nividia Shield, miniclient, a flirc (gen.2)
I did not know that there was a flirc 2nd gen. I may order one for my Mi Box.

Can you please post the config file you are using for SageTV?

Thanks
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 09-22-2018, 09:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Attached is info. for my Logitech Harmony 650/665 setup for both the HD300 and for the Nvidia Shield/SageTV Miniclient and the flirc (gen.2) config file.
Notes for HD300 remote:
1) For the HD300, I taught the remote discrete power On/Off via a URC-MX800 remote - not sure if Logitech Database now has discrete power on/off for the HD300; did not at the time I developed this
2) Non designated HD300 buttons are mapped to the obvious Logitech button (HD300 Play->Logitech Play, etc.)
3) I put the HD300 "Options" button on the 1st screen top left
Notes for Nvidia Shield/SageTV Miniclient remote
1) Goal is to copy the above remote behavior while also being able to control other Nvidia Shield apps like Netflix, Amazon Video, Hulu, etc.
2) Green buttons in diagram are mapped to manufacturer: "Flirc" Device: "Shield TV" - this gets you the basic Nvidia Shield remote functionality built into the Flirc Gen. 2 - no Flirc programming required to get this
3) To get the other hard buttons, I used a Channel Master CM-7003 DVR as a "donor" remote = equipment that I don't have that has similar buttons that I can assign to a keyboard/etc. via the Flirc
4) Pink buttons are assigned to CM-7003, which are then mapped to either the (a) Full keyboard on the Flirc - or - (b) Computer media keys on the Flirc
5) The Flirc will receive the IR for the CM-7003 button, then pass the mapped Full Keyboard or Computer Media Key to the Nvidia Shield - SageTV keyboard shortcuts are used to do this (see PDF); for example the Info button is assigned to the CM-7003 "Info" button which is mapped to ^I (control I)
6) The CM-7003 does not have skip fwd 2 or skip back 2, I used the buttons "HDMI" and "Audio" from the CM-7003, assigned them to the harmony skip fwd 2 and skip back 2 buttons, then mapped them to the Flirc Computer Media Keys that look like ">|" and "|<"
7) I think record = ^Y but not noted on sheet

Note for both: I have the 4 colored buttons, Red, Green, Yellow, Blue mapped to skip back 2, skip back, skip fwd, skip fwd 2, respectively, so those functions have two hard buttons each assigned to them.

Like I said, I have been using this for years and it has worked well - the Flirc gen. 2 allows me to almost fully copy the HD300 setup - looking to resolve that last detail regarding the Channel +/Channel - buttons.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Harmony Remote Setup for SageTV.zip (602.5 KB, 170 views)