SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-22-2019, 11:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Error 10 and Empty Recording Schedule

My Sage TV 9 with OpenDCT has decided to go on Walkabout this past week.

After some period of running, the Recording Schedule will show 0 shows and 0 GB to record (or more disturbing 0 shows with some value of GB to record). The the screen for Scheduled Recordings shows no data. When it's like this, if I try to tune a channel I get an Error 10. System Messages include "Halt Detected in Recording" and "Recording Missed Due to Capture Device Failure".

Restarting the SageTV Service does not correct this, but rebooting the PC, does for a while. Up until today it would tune after a reboot, but the machine was taking a long time to tune (~45-60 seconds). As of today it is not tuning to a channel I select, but does indicate it's recording the channel (with errors). The menu is missing most of the options and shows "Main Menu" and Stand By" on the left.

I can run the HD Homerun App and watch TV while SageTV is misbehaving, however it appears to stop at the end of a program and not automatically play the next show. I assume this to be abnormal behavior.

SageTV 9.1.5.683
OpenDCT 05.28
No changes to hardware or software (that I know of).
Win 7 Pro with a static IP.
550+GB of free space

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
SD HDHR3-CC w/ RCN Cable FW:20161116
SD HDHR-US (OTA) FW:20150615
Firestick-Lite with Android Mini-Client
Old 04-22-2019, 12:55 PM
Sage Icon

Whenever I’ve seen something like this before, it’s because Sage can’t access the tuners. I’m in the habit of always checking the system info screen in Sage after rebooting to make sure that it reports all of my tuners as functioning=true.

With cable card tuners, Sage relies on external software . I’ve seen times where SageDCT did not startup properly. I’ve also seen time when my Colossus wasn’t detected by Windows (error in Windows device manager). In every case the cause was something outside of Sage.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 04-24-2019, 06:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

On reboot the tuners are functioning=true. Its some time after that the seem to away.

Any tips on trouble shooting which component is at fault?
Old 04-24-2019, 05:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerZ View Post
On reboot the tuners are functioning=true. Its some time after that the seem to away.

Any tips on trouble shooting which component is at fault?
Nothing specific- the steps I would take would depend on which tuner(s) Sage wasn’t seeing.

I see you have both an OTA HDHR and a CC HDHR Prime, when you had this problem was Sage unable to see all tuners or just certain ones? How did you setup the tuners in Sage (what software are you using to allow Sage to see the CC tuner? If OpenDCT, are you also using it with the OTA tuner, or is that configured directly in Sage?)?

If the problem returns, before rebooting everything, I would try restarting individual components one at a time to see if you can isolate the problem (restart just the Sage service, restart the OpenDCT software, etc.). I would also look for any logs (Sage logs, OpenDCT logs, Windows logs, etc).
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 08-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, a bit tardy with posting the resolution.

The system had a 2TB drive with a folder called SageTV_2 on it. Windows Explorer had no issue accessing the drive, however it could not open the folder. The drive showed it's proper size and what I would believe to be a relatively accurate amount of used and free space.

I pulled the offending drive and rebooted the system. All is good again. The drive is sitting on a shelf for now.

FWIW, The drive was mounted in a Thermaltake USB dock .