SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:16 PM
Sage User

Missing Channels on Live TV and Program Guide

Hi. My tried and true HDhomerun Dual tuner finally died on me this weekend. Just stopped powering on. So I just bought the upgraded HDhomer Duo Connect. I plugged it in and note that the tuner is now picking up some channels that the old Duo did not. Yay! The problem is that I can not seem to watch the new channels in Sage TV. They work in the HDHomerun software. The SageTV channel scan finds the new channels, and lets me preview them. But then when I back out of the channel setup screen, the liveTV function does not let me view them (Its as if they are not there). In the Program guide the new channels appear, but there is no data (and a click there does nothing, where it normally tunes to that channel). I have tried removing the two tuners and re-adding them to no avail. I'm using my paid version of Schedules Direct to pull in the program info. Anyone got any idea what I am doing wrong?
Old 02-13-2018, 04:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdickey View Post
Hi. My tried and true HDhomerun Dual tuner finally died on me this weekend. Just stopped powering on. So I just bought the upgraded HDhomer Duo Connect. I plugged it in and note that the tuner is now picking up some channels that the old Duo did not. Yay! The problem is that I can not seem to watch the new channels in Sage TV. They work in the HDHomerun software. The SageTV channel scan finds the new channels, and lets me preview them. But then when I back out of the channel setup screen, the liveTV function does not let me view them (Its as if they are not there). In the Program guide the new channels appear, but there is no data (and a click there does nothing, where it normally tunes to that channel). I have tried removing the two tuners and re-adding them to no avail. I'm using my paid version of Schedules Direct to pull in the program info. Anyone got any idea what I am doing wrong?
How are you accessing the Duo, using the Silicondust software or OpenDCT?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Are you sure your that it wasn't just the power supply on your old Dual that died. Those PS'es didn't last long - better than the HD-PVR but not by much.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:37 AM
Sage User

I am not sure what open DCT is so I am not using that. I am using the same setup I have used for years. I put on the silicondust hdhomerun device, I use the silicondust software to set it up and then I go in and set it up on stage TV. Not sure why I cannot get those channels to come up.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:39 AM
Sage User

Before I bought the new hdhomerun device I had the guys at Best Buy plug in their power supply to see if that was the problem with my old one. Unfortunately it was not. I wish it was it would have saved me a hundred bucks. I think I'm going to put the old one on eBay because maybe there's somebody out there that knows how to fix it.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbdickey View Post
I am not sure what open DCT is so I am not using that. I am using the same setup I have used for years. I put on the silicondust hdhomerun device, I use the silicondust software to set it up and then I go in and set it up on stage TV. Not sure why I cannot get those channels to come up.
Do you see “no data” in the guide for those channels, or is it just completely blank? If it is completely blank, I’m guessing you can’t even move your cursor there to click on that time slot for that channel?

If that’s the case, it could be an EPG data problem that Sage just doesn’t handle well. Since Sage creates a recording for everything (including live tv) and the file name for the recording is based on information from the airing object (show name, episode name, etc), it might be getting hung up. When you use the channel preview in the channel setup, it doesn’t care about the airing info or save to a permanent file.

For argument’s sake let’s assume you are having trouble with channel 7. I would be curious to know what happens if you watch channel 6 live, and then hit the channel up button. Does it successfully tune channel 7? Does it try channel 7, but show a blank screen? Does it skip to channel 8? Does it give an error?

I would also be curious if you can successfully create a timed recording on the problem channel.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-13-2018, 01:53 PM
Sage Icon

Have the new channels been there long enough for an EPG update to have found them (i.e. more than 24 hours)?
Old 02-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Sage User

Hi everyone. Thank you all so much for the support! Yesterday the problem channels (2-1, 2-2, and 2-3) were blank and I could not click on them. Today, evidently an EPG update has occurred and they say "no data" in the SageTV program guide. So now I can click in them from within the guide and tune to them and they play correctly. Unfortunately still no guide data. Curiously, under the HDHR app the three stations guide date is pulled in with all the data, artwork, etc. 2-1 is KHON-HD Fox HD, 2-2 is KHON-CW The CW, and 2-3 is KHON-GT GetTV. Both the HDHR app, and SageTV were setup with the same zip code 96793. So now, is this no guide data issue a SchedulesDirect thing?
Old 02-13-2018, 03:46 PM
SageTVaholic

When you go into the Source Setup does SageTV show numbers under channel ID? On the right hand side of the screen it should show a few things like Physical Channel, Logical Channel, Channel ID, etc. Are all of those fields populated? Sometimes it can take a few hours for data to appear.

Have you tried doing a scan in SageTV as well?