SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Program Guide data missing from sub-channels

Posted this in the software forum, didn't realize there was a more pertinent place for it....

I'm using the Johnstown/Altoona PA Digital Antenna guide, and I've noticed this issue for the following channels:

23.1 - ABC High-Def
23.2 - ABC Standard-Def
23.3 - Fox (Standard -Def)

I'm getting guide data only for 23.1. Both the other channels show as No Data.

Because I only have a media MVP, I'd like to record the standard def version of shows on ABC, but it won't find any upcoming recordings because it only shows no data. 23.1 and 23.2 both show the exact same shows, the only difference is one is in HD (if available) and the other is not.

The other issue is I can't record anything on fox, as there is no guide info at all for that channel. There isn't a Fox HD channel here.

Any ideas?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Administrator

What tuner are you using? Did you add those channels via the HDHR's channel editor, or is this some other tuner and those channels were already included in that EPG provider choice in SageTV?

If those channels were already in the lineup, then EPG data should be included, as far as I know. If this is the situation, then you could contact SageTV.

If those channels are OTA-only & they were added to the lineup due to use of the HDHR channel scan, then there may be no data available to SageTV from Zap2it & SageTV would only be able to use the EPG data in the digital stream, if there is any.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

I"ve got several tuners, but the one I tried it with was an fusion hdtv 5 lite, or something like that. I also have a pvr250 (non hd of course), and an ATSC-110, so I don't have an HD home run.

The channels that showed up were because of when I selected the particular region and schedule (Johnstown/Altoona - Digital Broadcast). Also, 23.1, 23.2 and 23.3 are all channels I can tune to directly with my HD tv.

I guess I'll contact Sage then. Thanks Opus.