SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 01-14-2018, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

SageTV docker on unRAID 6.4

The stable release of unRAID 6.4 was released on Friday Jan 12. How many folks have upgraded? Are you using the DVB edition?

Any issues to be aware of?

I am quite looking forward to being able to assign a different IP address to each docker which is part of the core docker management in 6.4. No more using funky port numbers that you can never remember. The downside is that I may run out of space on a /24 subnet.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
The stable release of unRAID 6.4 was released on Friday Jan 12. How many folks have upgraded? Are you using the DVB edition?

I am quite looking forward to being able to assign a different IP address to each docker which is part of the core docker management in 6.4. No more using funky port numbers that you can never remember. The downside is that I may run out of space on a /24 subnet.

Well, you could always go for a /8 subnet.

I hadn't heard about this new feature. Any links? Assuming you have a single LAN port, how does multiple IPs work? ...or is it for multi-LAN ports?
Old 01-15-2018, 09:01 AM
SageTVaholic

I am not sure exactly how this works but I am pretty sure that it works with a single ethernet card in your server. When you create a docker you have the option to assign it an IP. Presumably it is similar to a VM where each VM gets its own IP address.

See post 4 of this thread (assuming it hasn't changed from the pre-release version) https://lime-technology.com/forums/t...s-for-dockers/
Old 01-15-2018, 08:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So far so good. Though I haven't tried any of the new 6.4 features.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Good to hear - do you use the DVB version?

Any tips for the rest of us?
Old 01-16-2018, 06:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Good to hear - do you use the DVB version?
I don't, I just have HDHRs.

Quote:
Any tips for the rest of us?
Not really, I didn't do anything special.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:15 AM
Sage Expert

I upgraded and found I could no longer tune into, or find in a scan, any DVB-T2 (HD) channels. DVB-T channels (SD) worked OK.

Using a TBS 6285 card.

This was using the DVB version - unfortunately the official TBS drivers I was using are no longer supported and don't compile on 6.4.0 so you have to use the opensource version, which I suspect is root cause for the issue.

Last edited by starfire; 01-17-2018 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

I upgraded for reasons unrelated to SageTV (VM reboots were crashing the whole server). So far so good, haven't seen any issues with Sage, and my VMs are more stable now. Did not have to tweak anything, but it's possible I haven't pushed all the buttons in Sage yet to notice any issues.

EDIT: My Windows VM has a sage install on it that passes through a couple Colossus tuners, all seems fine so far, working last night for live tv
Old 01-23-2018, 08:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Anybody else upgrade yet?
Old 01-23-2018, 08:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

I upgraded over the weekend - no issues whatsoever - it was very quick and quite painless - I was nervous reading the support forum of others upgrading.

All of my dockers work just fine - have not played with any of the new settings at all yet - just an in-place upgrade to 6.4

I shut down all the dockers - disable docker in the settings - stopped array - turned off the automatic array start in setings - performed the upgrade - rebooted - started the array - reenabled the auto start - enabled the dockers - I have a docker auto start program so they all started back up in order and all was fine!

Dwight
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
EXTERNAL DEVICES: 4x HD-PVR's Firewire Channel Changing
TUNERS:NO LONGER RECORDING LIVETV
CLIENTS: 2xHD300 2xHD200 SONY ANDROIDTV MINI-CLIENT
Old 01-23-2018, 08:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Good to know Dwight. And you have HD-PVRs so I am assuming you also upgraded the DVB plugin without issues?
Old 01-23-2018, 08:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Good to know Dwight. And you have HD-PVRs so I am assuming you also upgraded the DVB plugin without issues?
Oh - yes - forgot to mention that ...

Once the regular 6.4 update was done - I updated all the plugins that asked due to new compatibilty - then I updated to the unRAID DVB Edition 6.4 Digital Devices version and rebooted before I re-enabled the dockers.

Tested all the HD-PVR's once Sage was up and running - all was good - no changes required for me.
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
Old 01-23-2018, 09:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstanley View Post
I upgraded over the weekend - no issues whatsoever - it was very quick and quite painless - I was nervous reading the support forum of others upgrading.

All of my dockers work just fine - have not played with any of the new settings at all yet - just an in-place upgrade to 6.4

I shut down all the dockers - disable docker in the settings - stopped array - turned off the automatic array start in setings - performed the upgrade - rebooted - started the array - reenabled the auto start - enabled the dockers - I have a docker auto start program so they all started back up in order and all was fine!

Dwight
Seems like step 1 would be backing up the existing USB drive, in case the upgrade goes south. What’s the best way to backup the USB drive?

Also, are any other steps recommended for those people who are using cache drives? Run the mover before the upgrade, perhaps?
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 01-23-2018, 09:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Seems like step 1 would be backing up the existing USB drive, in case the upgrade goes south. What’s the best way to backup the USB drive?

Also, are any other steps recommended for those people who are using cache drives? Run the mover before the upgrade, perhaps?
I did run the mover before I did the upgrade. I just used a straight file copy of the USB to another computer folder just in case - I read you only need to return that set of files to your USB to 'revert' back to the earlier version - a good precaution for sure.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:00 AM
SageTVaholic

I do weekly backups but the backups are stored on the array so if things went really south it would be a pain to get back up and running. I guess it likely makes sense to copy this to the cloud, another PC or "clone" the USB drive, if you can do so.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I do weekly backups but the backups are stored on the array so if things went really south it would be a pain to get back up and running. I guess it likely makes sense to copy this to the cloud, another PC or "clone" the USB drive, if you can do so.
I use the duplicity container and backup the USB contents to my Google Drive account. It makes sense to ahve the USB NOT on the storage array, since if you lost the usb (failure), then you wouldn't be able to access the array to get back the configuration.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I use the duplicity container and backup the USB contents to my Google Drive account. It makes sense to ahve the USB NOT on the storage array, since if you lost the usb (failure), then you wouldn't be able to access the array to get back the configuration.
Yeah - that's what I was thinking. But presumably you could install a test version of unRAID on a new USB drive and get it up and running pretty quickly. That should be able to read your "old" array, shouldn't it?
Old 01-23-2018, 12:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah - that's what I was thinking. But presumably you could install a test version of unRAID on a new USB drive and get it up and running pretty quickly. That should be able to read your "old" array, shouldn't it?
Maybe, maybe not. Much of the information about "how" your drives are configured is stored on the USB stick. So while you could do this. I'm not sure if you run the risk of misconfiguring your array and overwriting your data.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah - you're probably right. If I was doing this I would be very careful to not start up the array and to just read the backup folders off of the drive(s).
Old 01-23-2018, 12:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I did this once (wiped the USB boot drive and reinstalled unRAID), and it worked fine. I had read though that sometimes people had to manually put drives back in the same "slot" but for me it picked everything up. All the settings had to be redone, though. Or you can run something like Ubuntu from a flash drive and mount the disks to try and find where the backup is stored.

I upgraded one of my unRAID servers, but not the one with SageTV on it. That I won't do for another month or so to make sure no gotchas are found. But the upgrade I did was painless. It houses a few VMs and non-media-related Dockers. (All media stuff that may require transcoding are on a server with a beefier CPU.)