SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:32 AM
Sage Fanatic

TVs with built in AndroidTV?

Obviously looking to be able to run the miniclient alongside typical streaming apps all in one box. I have a Mi Box which is okay, and need another for another wall mount, but before going to mibox route again would like to see if there is anything truly all in one that works.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrcp2000 View Post
Obviously looking to be able to run the miniclient alongside typical streaming apps all in one box. I have a Mi Box which is okay, and need another for another wall mount, but before going to mibox route again would like to see if there is anything truly all in one that works.
I'm not sure, myself. I suspect that the TVs that ship with Android are not ver powerful, and likely the client would not perform that well... but I'm just guessing.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:00 PM
Sage Icon

The MiBox works but I would not count on long-term upgrades. Plus the remote sucks. I like the FireTV boxes but the SageTV mini client playback is poor. If I was committed to Android TV I would probably spend the extra for the Nvidia Shield TV. It can be a Home Hub and host a Plex server with DVR recording via HDHR (Minimalist DVR Server with USB hard drive). But...still double the cost.

Retired SageTV in favor of Plex\Emby and YouTubeTV.