SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Linux Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Linux. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Linux should be posted here.

Old 03-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

new Linux setup - problem with sdepg and BMT

I've put this in this forum rather than the sdepg forum because everthing works fine on my Windows boot, it's only on the LInux side that I have these problems.

I have finally managed to get everything Sage set up in Linux (Linux Mint 18) (dual boot with Windows 7) but there are a couple of odd things.

1. The epg guide data is fine except for a few channels which have remained unpopulated for over 2 days - if I click on the channel itself in the grid to go to its listings, a couple will have a day or two of data later in the week. Among the "missing" channels are ABC, HGTV, food. These are with my cable service.

I just checked my Windows setup in which I use LM Gestion XMLTV Importer for SageTV and those channels are fine there so I don't think it's a problem with my SD lineup. I know in Windows to look for the .xml file to see the guide download but I have not been able to find anything in Linux - the only mention of anything epg specific seems to be in the Wiz.bin. I tried the fixes (remove server_update_id and expanded_until but no change)

2. In BMT, if I try to look at the channel list (configure - channels), I get the error "failed to load channels". I found this line in sagetv_0.txt log:

Tue 3/7 14:32:25.301 [1067929038@qtp-470177351-7@3fa74dce] com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.UnexpectedException: Service method 'public abstract java.util.ArrayList org.jdna.bmt.web.client.ui.prefs.PreferencesService.getChannels()' threw an unexpected exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Comparison method violates its general contract!

But don't know what to do about it - any ideas??? I'm using Java 1.8.0_03-Ubuntu

3. Does the update button on the BMT guide page force a download from SD?

thanks in advance to anyone who can help.............
Old 03-07-2017, 03:31 PM
SageTVaholic

I can probably help you out with 1. Delete the file sdmd5sched in your SageTV folder, then trigger an EPG update. You don't need to restart SageTV. There's a fix for this in the latest yet to be released version of SageTV. Basically the md5 schedules file has a record of downloading those stations, but the Wizard purged them likely because they were disabled when it made that decision. I added a way to check if the entire station is missing airings and to invalidate the schedule for that station if that's the case. I tested the fix against the kind of scenario you're describing and it works, but it could be more robust like just checking for what is airing on that station when it starts and if there isn't a valid current airing to just invalidate the entire station.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 03-07-2017, 04:25 PM
SageTVaholic

For #2... Try clearing your browser cache... I just loaded this up in my environment, and I don't get the error... but I'm also not used schedules direct, yet, either. You can also look in the sagetv_0.txt log file to see if there an error.
Old 03-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you so much!! Deleting sdmd5ched did the trick. good thing to know.

As for #2 - I had already tried clearing the browser cache to no avail. The error I get in the sagetv_0.txt log includes the one I quoted above about java but I've cut the whole section and will upload it....or, at least, I'll try to upload it!
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0_excerpt.txt (5.8 KB, 242 views)
Old 03-07-2017, 05:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
For #2... Try clearing your browser cache... I just loaded this up in my environment, and I don't get the error... but I'm also not used schedules direct, yet, either. You can also look in the sagetv_0.txt log file to see if there an error.
Looks like you found a bug the BMT channel comparator. I'll make a note to fix it.
Old 03-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Wonderful.

Thank you both for your help.

This past week what with learning Linux and setting up sage along with getting comskip and usbuirt working has been a really steep learning curve! I couldn't have done it without the forums.

But I think I've got it all perfect now and a big PHEW.