SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

DVBS setup on Linux not working... some help appreciated...

I'm running SageTV V6.2.10.1 Linux on Ubuntu 7.04.

I've setup my dvb-s card and confirmed that it is working in Kaffeine. (ie, I can tune a FTA channel) Kaffeine can also scan the channels and I'm able to scan the channels using the cmdline tool "scan". Both tools will find channels.

The Problem....
When I add a video source to Sage, I can see "adapter0", which is my dvb card. When I add it, and Select "Digital TV Tuner" source, the preview fails, which is expected, since it doesn't know what satellite to use. When I press "Select" again, it goes to the next step which gives me 2 options, "Use TV Tuner on Capture Card to tune Cable TV" and "Use Tuner on Capture Card to tune Antenna/Broadcast". Based on other posts, I was expecting it to ask to select a satellite. If I choose either option and complete the setup, it doesn't find any channels, and it never asks me which satellite to use.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help. BTW, I've checked the manual, and other posts and I cannot find a solution.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:52 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI... Sage support is is helping me with this issue. If they provide a fix, I'll post it here. They have provided me with 1 bug fix so far, but still not working fully.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has linux dvb-s working within Sage?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Make sure you check for missing dependencies. Once you get your DVB-S to actually scan, you may not be able to play back without the right libraries installed.

ldd * in /opt/sagetv/server and /opt/sagetv/client

Probably easiest to append | grep not\ found as well. Also, you can ignore the can't execute on file blah too.

B
Old 10-12-2007, 07:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks B,

I noticed your earlier post in another thread regarding finding the missing dependancies. That was one of the first things I did when I installed the sage server (and client) under linux I was missing some dependancies, but hopefully i've included them now.

As for the sage support, they have been awesome. I've recieved some patches and I now have channel scanning working on my dvb card, so we are very close. Apparently the linux dvb stuff is a work in progress, but they've been very good to me in providing help.

- Sean