SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 07-19-2020, 08:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the assistance, these links look very helpful!

Based on the reading i've done, i'm pretty sure the drivers aren't loading for my Firewire/USB combo PCI controller card. Its pretty old, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Got one of these on order. Once it comes in, i'm hoping this info will help me solve my setup and FINALLY move on from old 32bit server!
Old 07-25-2020, 12:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

I can now confirm, after receiving my new Startech card, the Firewire tuning is working.

I had to copy in the file as suggested in the previous post (huge thanks for that!).

One thing to add, I found I had to CHMOD and CHOWN those files to ensure they matched the same settings as the original FirewireTuner.so file.
Old 07-25-2020, 01:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker:WG View Post
I can now confirm, after receiving my new Startech card, the Firewire tuning is working.

I had to copy in the file as suggested in the previous post (huge thanks for that!).

One thing to add, I found I had to CHMOD and CHOWN those files to ensure they matched the same settings as the original FirewireTuner.so file.
Old 12-31-2020, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

I had a cable box that was acting up so I needed to replace it, which means that you need to change FW tuning. I simply swapped boxes, waited for the new box to come to life and then restarted the docker. SageTV saw the new FW ID and I was able to just go into the source setup and change the device. Everything seems to be working properly now.

That was easier than I expected!
Old 12-31-2020, 02:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sounds good, Wayner.

I'm sort of sad to say that I finally decided to give up my Sage setup (and cable, actually), a couple of months ago. This feels really strange after 13 years and three server setups, but it seemed like the right time. C'est la vie.

If anyone would benefit from the parts I have, I'm happy to send them for the cost of shipping. That includes three DCX3200 STBs, three HD-PVRs (with power supply via PC power supply), an HD-300, 2 HD-200s, an HD-100, a USB-UIRT, a Startech FW card, a bunch of SageTV remotes, etc. The only stipulation is that I'd strongly prefer that it go as a single package as I don't have a lot of time to pack and ship things, these days.

I'll probably plan to start a new thread with this info, but thought I would start here as it's likely monitored by folks who have been exceptionally helpful to me, in the past. I'm in Courtenay, BC, Canada.

Sincere thanks for all the support and camaraderie over the years!

Cheers,
Shaun
Old 01-04-2021, 11:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdl View Post
Sounds good, Wayner.

I'm sort of sad to say that I finally decided to give up my Sage setup (and cable, actually), a couple of months ago. This feels really strange after 13 years and three server setups, but it seemed like the right time. C'est la vie.

If anyone would benefit from the parts I have, I'm happy to send them for the cost of shipping. That includes three DCX3200 STBs, three HD-PVRs (with power supply via PC power supply), an HD-300, 2 HD-200s, an HD-100, a USB-UIRT, a Startech FW card, a bunch of SageTV remotes, etc. The only stipulation is that I'd strongly prefer that it go as a single package as I don't have a lot of time to pack and ship things, these days.

I'll probably plan to start a new thread with this info, but thought I would start here as it's likely monitored by folks who have been exceptionally helpful to me, in the past. I'm in Courtenay, BC, Canada.

Sincere thanks for all the support and camaraderie over the years!

Cheers,
Shaun
If you're still looking to give this away, I'd be happy to take some of it off your hands. I don't know that I need or can justify taking all of it, but if you prefer to send it all, I'll take it all (assuming no one else has spoken up yet through PM's).

I'm located in Winnipeg, so your shipping is staying inside Canada. We can sort out details via PM if the offer is still open.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker:WG View Post
If you're still looking to give this away, I'd be happy to take some of it off your hands. I don't know that I need or can justify taking all of it, but if you prefer to send it all, I'll take it all (assuming no one else has spoken up yet through PM's).

I'm located in Winnipeg, so your shipping is staying inside Canada. We can sort out details via PM if the offer is still open.
Sounds good, thanks. Please let me know by PM what you want/need, and we'll see what we can sort out. It would be great if some of this stuff could still be of use to someone.

Cheers,
Shaun