SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Can you use SJQ from within unRAID

I have several SJQ processes that I run that use Groovy code. Some of them call external processes like Handbrake. Can you do this in unRAID? Would you have to install Handbrake into the appdata share?
Old 01-08-2017, 10:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Best option would probably to run an sjq client and handbrake within either a VM or a docker container (assuming there are linux friendly flavors of each). If there are linux versions, I've no doubt they'd work just fine in a docker container, but I haven't used SJQ in a very long time, and am not entirely familiar with what it'd take to do.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-11-2017, 09:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Best option would probably to run an sjq client and handbrake within either a VM or a docker container (assuming there are linux friendly flavors of each). If there are linux versions, I've no doubt they'd work just fine in a docker container, but I haven't used SJQ in a very long time, and am not entirely familiar with what it'd take to do.
There is a docker version of Handbrake for unRAID here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39624. Not sure about SJQ.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
There is a docker version of Handbrake for unRAID here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39624. Not sure about SJQ.
That Container, I believe, is a full graphical utility with RDP access. Likely a bigger footprint than the SJQ/HandBrake one that would be required. Handbrake and SJQ would have to be in the same docker for SJQ to be able to launch and monitor HandBrake. After looking into it, it would not be a difficult container to build.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-29-2017, 12:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Bringing this thread back to life - wouldn't it be simplest to just run Handbrake in the SageTV docker? The SJQ client will be available in the docker if it is installed so then it is just a case of installing Handbrake. Why is it a bad idea to install Handbrake in the SageTV docker? Isn't this analogous to Comskip?

I have an Ubuntu VM on my unRAID box, but I think it would just be simpler to have everything in the SageTV docker.