SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations > Phoenix 3.0
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix 3.0 This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix 3.0 custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:46 AM
SageTVaholic

New version of Phoenix 3 is in the plugin repository now.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:00 PM
Sage User

P3 Classic

P3 is faster than ever with all P2 goodness builtin.

You have made my day!

Thank you and all of the other developers, for your hard work.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
New version of Phoenix 3 is in the plugin repository now.
Just a note for those who might have still been using Phoenix 2. All my custom video menu items disappeared after accepting the update for Phoenix 3. I tried re-adding them through the UI, but they wouldn't appear.

I had to switch my user interface over to Phoenix Classic (from Phoenix 2). Once I did that, all of my custom video menu items showed up again automagically.
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit ♠ SageTV v9.0.12.504 ♠ Java 1.8.0_111
Clients: 4 x STX-HD300 ♠ 3 x STX-HD200 ♠ MacOS Placeshifter
Old 05-21-2017, 07:27 PM
SageTVaholic

That's both surprising and magical. I'm glad it's still working.

There are a couple of new menus that you can load in PClassic via the 'edit landing zone' menu. I probably should do a how to set up PClassic post

btl.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

P3 Compatibility Error

Hey Bialo, went to install P3 today after upgrading from v7 to v9, and I get the att'd error when trying to install either P3 or an available update to Phoenix core services...(screenshot shown for PCS, but P3 plugin gives same compatibility error "due to HTTPClient V. 4.0.1.1")

Have you seen anything like this before? Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p3.jpg (145.1 KB, 253 views)
Old 05-23-2017, 05:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnttoker View Post
Hey Bialo, went to install P3 today after upgrading from v7 to v9, and I get the att'd error when trying to install either P3 or an available update to Phoenix core services...(screenshot shown for PCS, but P3 plugin gives same compatibility error "due to HTTPClient V. 4.0.1.1")

Have you seen anything like this before? Any ideas?
Are you running SageTV V9? (I assume you are). it appears that you have something that is requiring http-client 4.0 but phoenix using 4.5.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:48 PM
SageTVaholic

So I messed around with PClassic (P2) and I have to say I still prefer P3. It's just super simple and clean. I just have TV shows, Guide, Schedule, and settings showing and it's perfect.

Wife would go with Plite, but she likes having a "normal" guide. I use it to schedule future recordings so it is handy to have.

Now that I've got a harmony remote the strange things that would happen when pressing back repeatedly seem to be gone, or you did something. Either way P3 is perfect IMHO.

Thanks for all the work you put into this.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Sounds like you need to load the TV+ menu file in PClassic

From the Home Screen : <options> --> Edit Landing Zone --> <options> --> Load a new menu file --> 'Phoenix Classic TV+ Menu'

Should look like this :

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TVPlus.jpg (99.8 KB, 654 views)
Old 05-23-2017, 07:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sounds like you need to load the TV+ menu file in PClassic

From the Home Screen : <options> --> Edit Landing Zone --> <options> --> Load a new menu file --> 'Phoenix Classic TV+ Menu'

Should look like this :

You are correct. I'll go try it now.

EDIT: Did that. Looks good I just don't like the giant banner view. I prefer the banner view from p3. Classic would be pretty much perfect if it had that.

Is there a way to customize it? I couldn't seem to find one.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.

Last edited by panteragstk; 05-23-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:13 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't have any plans at the moment to change the browser in PClassic. I'll keep it in mind.

The list view in P3 I never liked very much. I'm more likely to add a grid type view to PClassic.

Also working on a few Skins for PLite that are a little less in your face with the colors.

btl.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't have any plans at the moment to change the browser in PClassic. I'll keep it in mind.

The list view in P3 I never liked very much. I'm more likely to add a grid type view to PClassic.

Also working on a few Skins for PLite that are a little less in your face with the colors.

btl.
It's always interesting to see how different personal preference is between one person and another.

I like the list from P3 a lot better than Pclassic and Plite, but that may be because I'm used to the lists that TV Explorer had. That and it is similar to some of the views in various Kodi skins.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:00 AM
Sage User

Something went wrong

Hoping for a little help. I wanted to give Phoenix3 a try since the screenshots looked really cool. I installed it from the plugins manager on my Save V9 and it shows up with a black screen that says "Forecast for null" and has no menu on the left, just the time.

I can press some buttons on my remote and get to various screens, I'm attaching a couple of samples.

I'm not sure how to get back to my old STV since I can't get to the setting menu. I think I need to shut down the server and restore the backup sage.properties file, but in the meantime if anyone has any advice on what I did wrong, I'd still love to give Phoenix 3 a try.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-05-28 07.51.40 (Medium).jpg (136.4 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg 2017-05-28 07.51.30 (Medium).jpg (181.5 KB, 229 views)
Old 05-28-2017, 09:05 AM
SageTVaholic

I think just restarting the server might fix you.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Sage User

I restarted several times. I had Serenity installed so I went back to the standard UI, reinstalled Phoenix 3, restarted, and same result.

BTW thank you for responding - I was typing fast, trying to get this working again before the family wakes up.

Last edited by anotherhaus; 05-28-2017 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Have you tried PLite or PClassic?
Old 05-28-2017, 10:04 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Have you tried PLite or PClassic?
I'm pretty sure I tried PLite before and had the same issue (I remember seeing this before, months ago). I'm still pretty new to sage so I admit I don't understand all the details and probably shouldn't be messing around with UI modifications. I'll educate myself a bit more about how everything works and revisit when I can devote a little more time to it. Thank you!!
Old 05-31-2017, 09:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

btl.
I really like the PLite skin from your first post. (all blue) Any chance that will become available anytime in the near future? Thanx!
Old 07-29-2017, 11:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

I think I'm going to do a grand REBOOT of the phoenix UI naming scheme.

Phoenix 2 --> Phoenix Classic (PClassic)
Phoenix 3 --> delete from existence
PhoenixLite --> Phoenix Lite (PLite)

Both STVs will be available in a single plugin called Phoenix 3.0.

So in other words, Phoenix 3 will have two variants that I will endeavor to keep current - Phoenix Classic and Phoenix Lite

The current scope of PClassic and PLite will remain unchanged. PClassic is a full on Sage UI (pictures, weather, movies, music, TV, etc). PLite will be aimed only at Video (TV, movies)

btl.
For the n00bs like myself this is extremely confusing. Your killing Phoenix 3 and creating a new product called Phoenix 3.0 with Phoenix 2 (which sounds like it died) and pLite (of which I think this is the only thread). Phoenix 4 or Phoenix Dual might have been better .

For those like myself, unless you found this particular post in this thread, you would not know that there are 2 Phoenix 3's (and if there are not I'm really confused). I read the entire Phoenix 3 post which gives no indication it's been obsoleted (Maybe mod the first post in the thread). I only read this thread because of the hit count and recent date. Plite is not in the V9 UI section, so I never knew it existed.

In any event will you please consider updating the stickies in the Phoenix 3 section with a note that address the above changes clearly, as well as a note in the plugin (or link to sticky). It would also be helpful to address the original Phoenix regarding it's relevance in V9 (install, works, maintained or not) as it shows as a V9 UI.

Please also summarize in this, or another sticky the features of the 2 and how one goes between them. Screen shots would be nice for each.

QUESTIONS
I have been using the basic V7 for 7 years with a mouse (no remote). Reading some of these posts I am concerned that this may be problematic?

Finally, regarding PLite, very unclear as to how one operates this without an EPG. Can you please explain the approach\philosophic?
SD HDHR3-CC w/ RCN Cable FW:20161116
SD HDHR-US (OTA) FW:20150615
Firestick-Lite with Android Mini-Client
Old 08-18-2017, 02:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco340 View Post
Is there a way to turn on subtitles? With the previous Phoenix version it was in options. With Plite I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.
Please add this back for those of us that are hard of hearing. I tried PClassic and really liked it, but the lack of closed captioning options is keeping me from making the switch. Any chance of adding this option?
Old 08-21-2017, 12:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Suggestions for both PLite and PClassic

Spent a good bit of time with both PLite and PClassic this weekend. They both look really good. Here are my takeaways:

1. Closed captioning toggle in options is needed.

2. Menu item that access’s tmiranda’s youtube2015 plugin. Closest I could find was the Online Videos menu item, but it links to the outdated Online Videos page from the standard user interface.

3. Parental controls should lockout access to system settings, file browser, ability to add/modify/delete menu items, and ability to return to default user interface. In other words, when attempting to do any of those things, a prompt for the parental control code should occur. This works in the standard user interface.

4. Parental controls always revert to disabled when returning to default user interface. Would prefer that isn't the case, but if 3. is addressed, then this isn't a big deal.

5. Would much prefer views like Phoenix 3.0 instead of the large banner – see images from Phoenix 3.0 images sticky. Alternatively, would like the banners to be much smaller and lower on the screen. As it is the banners make the background fanart somewhat pointless.

6. Would like the ability to access weatherunderground detailed forecast view via options similar to the standard user interface.

I consider items 1-3 to be necessary improvements before I could adopt PLite or PClassic, and I consider 4-6 as nice enhancements, but not deal killers.