SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

New Phoenix User - a few questions

Hey guys,

Long story short I've been a long time Sagetv user that recently switched to mediaportal and regretted it. I'm back to sagetv, but missed the eyecandy that MP had, so I am giving Phoenix a try.

I love it, so much better than the stock STV/UI.

I have a few quirks I need to figure out, maybe you guys can help.

1. Whenever I access the "online" menu from the main landing page it kicks me out to the default STV UI (which I don't mind to much), however, when I back out of online submenu, I am presented with the default UI/STV landing page and I have to click on Exit --> return to Phoenix.. This is irritating, how can this be resolved.

2. Also on fanart, I lot of my movies will not download the fanart. These are normal hollywood movies and should have fanart available. Some work, and some don't. I will search for the title, find the 100% match (indicated) and yet it will not download the backgrounds or posters. Any idea's??

Keep up the good work guys, this makes Sagetv seem "New" again. LOL
Old 09-04-2011, 06:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsitalon1 View Post
Hey guys,

Long story short I've been a long time Sagetv user that recently switched to mediaportal and regretted it. I'm back to sagetv, but missed the eyecandy that MP had, so I am giving Phoenix a try.

I love it, so much better than the stock STV/UI.

I have a few quirks I need to figure out, maybe you guys can help.

1. Whenever I access the "online" menu from the main landing page it kicks me out to the default STV UI (which I don't mind to much), however, when I back out of online submenu, I am presented with the default UI/STV landing page and I have to click on Exit --> return to Phoenix.. This is irritating, how can this be resolved.

2. Also on fanart, I lot of my movies will not download the fanart. These are normal hollywood movies and should have fanart available. Some work, and some don't. I will search for the title, find the 100% match (indicated) and yet it will not download the backgrounds or posters. Any idea's??

Keep up the good work guys, this makes Sagetv seem "New" again. LOL
1. We don't have an implementation for online videos, and when we don't have an implementation for a menu, we kick it back to the default stv... since we feel that way, you will still be able to access the feature, just not in phoenix.

2. If you haven't installed BMT, then i'd install that, and then check your various items to see if you do or do not have fanart or metadata. You can also for a manual update from there as well. Keep in mind that Phoenix will not scan your existing items... only new items that are added. So if these are existing items, then you might need to go into BMT, and then select the folder and then run a scan again that folder.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:42 PM
SageTVaholic

When you end up in the default STV, you can hit 'Home' to return to Phoenix (you don't have to goto exit->Return....)

btl.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thank you so much guys, I will use BMT and deal with the default STV for online video's.