SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:18 AM
Sage User

Some questions and Feedback on Sage TV Media Player

Hi there,

I just got the unit today and found it to be quite good and versatile. However I do have a few questions and would be grateful if someone can answer questions.

1. I notice it sees all my folders on my NAS and the question is why does it import it in? Can it not play directly from the NAS? As after watching an MKV high def movie after I stopped it it says it cant import anymore cause I have run out of space? Run out of space where? On the NAS? Cause I have 8TB and only 4TB used. So is there a trick to playing movies and files directly form NAS rather than this importing thing?

2. How do I add favorites. What I would like to do is boot up the unit and it takes me to the main menu and the favorites folder can be there. For e.g TV Series, Movies etc. Click on them and off I go. Current menu has too much navigation to get to the folders.

3. I have lots of files in each folder. Scrolling is a bitch and its slow as anything. I know I can page down but going from the 1st to the 10th file is hellava slow. Anyway to speed this up?

4. MKV info is extremely detailed and has a lot of info. Kudos to the team for this. Is there a way the file can play directly without a pop up saying play this file or delete etc? Maybe its in the settings I must have missed.

5. Would be great if the main menu is not too cluttered with stuff as I dont use half that stuff on there.

6. Is there a way to stream Internet Radio without a server software running on a PC?

Thanks and thats all for now.

Cheers

Nano
Old 12-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Sage User

44 views and still no answers yet. Anyone?
Old 12-24-2009, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanohits View Post
Hi there,

I just got the unit today and found it to be quite good and versatile. However I do have a few questions and would be grateful if someone can answer questions.

1. I notice it sees all my folders on my NAS and the question is why does it import it in? Can it not play directly from the NAS? As after watching an MKV high def movie after I stopped it it says it cant import anymore cause I have run out of space? Run out of space where? On the NAS? Cause I have 8TB and only 4TB used. So is there a trick to playing movies and files directly form NAS rather than this importing thing?
You don't have to import anything, you can play it directly by browsing the network/filesystem (choose folders instead of videos).

It sounds like you hit the import number limit with the out of space error.

Quote:
2. How do I add favorites. What I would like to do is boot up the unit and it takes me to the main menu and the favorites folder can be there. For e.g TV Series, Movies etc. Click on them and off I go. Current menu has too much navigation to get to the folders.
I'm not aware of anything like that.

Quote:
3. I have lots of files in each folder. Scrolling is a bitch and its slow as anything. I know I can page down but going from the 1st to the 10th file is hellava slow. Anyway to speed this up?
I think if you hit the numbers it will jump to that letter.

Quote:
4. MKV info is extremely detailed and has a lot of info. Kudos to the team for this. Is there a way the file can play directly without a pop up saying play this file or delete etc? Maybe its in the settings I must have missed.
Hit Play instead of Enter/Select
Old 12-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
You don't have to import anything, you can play it directly by browsing the network/filesystem (choose folders instead of videos).
Thanks for the reply and much appreciated. I am actually going to folders and it still shows imported files in there. Thats the 1st place I go to. Hmm weird why it still imports as thats where I got the error. Also one of them has an X on it and when I go to that folder it asks to play it instead of it having a number of files in there. When I access that folder normally it has a bunch of files and all permissions are correct.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

You'll want to select browse the network rather than the imported folders option.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Sage User

Ah ok I got it.

I still would like to see a favorites button on the menu so I can add my favorite folders instead of scrolling through tons of folders each time. Quite a few of the media players have this function and its quite handy.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Really I'd say that's what the Imported folders are for, you import the ones that you want to use frequently.