SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-01-2016, 07:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

BTV Recorded Shows to Sage 6

I've used BTVN V5 to create an xml with the metadata from my recorded shows in BeyondTV. Setup Sage 6.1.9, Webserver V2.21, Sagex.api V7.1.9.11.sage6.

When I run the import from the WebServer I get "Error Media File G:\filename.ext" does not exist".

I'm not wandering in Death Valley and it's getting hot.

Any water out there?
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
2 HD-100 Placeshifters - not connected.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:39 AM
SageTVaholic

For starters - get rid of Sage 6, and install SageTV v9.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 06-01-2016, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
For starters - get rid of Sage 6, and install SageTV v9.
If I install over/upgrade, will that solve the problem?, keeping what I have installed?

Now what I came back to add to the original post, is that I'm using the exported xml file from BTV and doing the conversion on a different machine that has "G:\" mapped to it.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
Old 06-01-2016, 07:56 AM
SageTVaholic

That would entirely depend on if the format of the XML you've exported is in any way compatible with what the SageTV Web UI can read. I am unfamiliar with the format BTV might export, so I can't say one way or another if it will work without some conversion steps in between.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That would entirely depend on if the format of the XML you've exported is in any way compatible with what the SageTV Web UI can read. I am unfamiliar with the format BTV might export, so I can't say one way or another if it will work without some conversion steps in between.
The import's been taken care of and worked fine. I like V9 and might use it instead of NPVR.

Can I, in the main menu, only have TV, Recordings and Exit show? Get to the rest via the browser?
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
Old 06-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBraverman View Post
The import's been taken care of and worked fine. I like V9 and might use it instead of NPVR.

Can I, in the main menu, only have TV, Recordings and Exit show? Get to the rest via the browser?
You may use a plug-in to do this. Try UI Mod > Custom Main Menu (I haven't used this one, but looks like it might be the most simple option for what you want). For more features, (full access to modify any menus), try UI Mod > ADM - Another Dynamic Menu. It's a little more complex and you have to manually add menus if you add a plugin that adds a menu option. You may also use the Gemstone UI mod which has ADM functionality built-in. This is what I use.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
You may use a plug-in to do this. Try UI Mod > Custom Main Menu (I haven't used this one, but looks like it might be the most simple option for what you want). For more features, (full access to modify any menus), try UI Mod > ADM - Another Dynamic Menu. It's a little more complex and you have to manually add menus if you add a plugin that adds a menu option. You may also use the Gemstone UI mod which has ADM functionality built-in. This is what I use.
I installed Gemstone - where do I get to it? I seem to be going around in circles. Remember I've been in IT for most of my life, just new to SageTV, picked BeyondTV how many years ago now ... when I ran my 21 day comparisons.

I'm trying these on my P4/3.0 test machine before moving to the HTPC (wife). Can I install V9 clean - with out V6/V7 before it (I ask as I had those installed and do not see anything stating this (I'm QUITE sure it's pointed out in an obvious manor).
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2

Last edited by RBraverman; 06-03-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

if you are using the windows installers availbale for v9 I linked above, you can to a clean install from scratch, no need to install v6 or v7. Check during the install for the opportunity to enter your v6 license key to unlock the ability to use the SageTV/Google Provided EPG server.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
I installed Gemstone - where do I get to it? I seem to be going around in circles. Remember I've been in IT for most of my life, just new to SageTV, picked BeyondTV how many years ago now ... when I ran my 21 day comparisons.
After you install Gemstone a menu item should appear in your main top-level menu that says something like "Load Gemstone". (It may not appear automatically if you have the ADM or other similar plugin installed.)

Another way might be (not sure) to go into Setup > Detailed Setup > Advanced and select Gemstone.xml as the STV package and Gemstone as the theme. I've always been able to use the "Load Gemstone" menu item, though.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
if you are using the windows installers availbale for v9 I linked above, you can to a clean install from scratch, no need to install v6 or v7. Check during the install for the opportunity to enter your v6 license key to unlock the ability to use the SageTV/Google Provided EPG server.
Which was my next question: I'd rather use my Schedules Direct account, and I added a plugin by Slugger, but neither do I see it, but it instructs to READ the readme, but I can not find one.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
Old 06-03-2016, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Which was my next question: I'd rather use my Schedules Direct account, and I added a plugin by Slugger, but neither do I see it, but it instructs to READ the readme, but I can not find one.
Can't really help with that, as I've always used the SageTV EPG (it is MUCH easier to setup). If you've got a sagetv license, I see no reason to bother with schedules direct (the information is ultimately from the same source).

Old 06-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
After you install Gemstone a menu item should appear in your main top-level menu that says something like "Load Gemstone". (It may not appear automatically if you have the ADM or other similar plugin installed.)

Another way might be (not sure) to go into Setup > Detailed Setup > Advanced and select Gemstone.xml as the STV package and Gemstone as the theme. I've always been able to use the "Load Gemstone" menu item, though.
It kinda pops up on occasion and you can select it. BUT I see that the reason that I picked BTV is still here - MAN O' MAN you can spend hours going through the "options" many of which don't have adequate notation.

1. Is there a to "keep it basic"?
2. Is there a place - I'm thinking Wiki as I type this - where the options are explained?
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
Old 06-03-2016, 03:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It kinda pops up on occasion and you can select it. BUT I see that the reason that I picked BTV is still here - MAN O' MAN you can spend hours going through the "options" many of which don't have adequate notation.

1. Is there a to "keep it basic"?
2. Is there a place - I'm thinking Wiki as I type this - where the options are explained?
The large number of options are just that.. options. Keeping it basic means simply keeping most things at their default. Getting to the basic core functionality means going through the wizard on firt run, setting up your tuner and source, and then you're off to the races. At this point you've got a fully functional DVR.

Old 06-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The large number of options are just that.. options. Keeping it basic means simply keeping most things at their default. Getting to the basic core functionality means going through the wizard on firt run, setting up your tuner and source, and then you're off to the races. At this point you've got a fully functional DVR.
Granted.

One question that - for me - might be the deal breaker, is it true that if the program window/FS is NOT open, there isn't a recording engine running as a service and therefore no recordings will be made?
Simpler: The program needs always to be running, at least minimized.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
Old 06-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Sage Expert

sageTV can be installed as a service. If frontend isn't open, recordings continue.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
sageTV can be installed as a service. If frontend isn't open, recordings continue.
Seriously cool, but I've been searching through the forums for the last hour or 2 and can not find out how.

Can you point me in the right direction?
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2
Old 06-04-2016, 03:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Seriously cool, but I've been searching through the forums for the last hour or 2 and can not find out how.

Can you point me in the right direction?
Did you read about the Service in the SageTV PDF. ... lots of info there. It is installed with SageTV.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Sage Expert

The service is automatically installed. All you have to do is start the sagetvservicecontrol.exe which is in the main sagetv folder. Menu will open. You configure. Sage service starts any time you start your computer, and will record your shows without intervention. If you have already configured sagetv and change to the sage tv service, you'll probably be looking at reinstalling any plugins and redo and configurations you had, if I remember properly when I did it.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
The service is automatically installed. All you have to do is start the sagetvservicecontrol.exe which is in the main sagetv folder. Menu will open. You configure. Sage service starts any time you start your computer, and will record your shows without intervention. If you have already configured sagetv and change to the sage tv service, you'll probably be looking at reinstalling any plugins and redo and configurations you had, if I remember properly when I did it.
THANK YOU folks, for being patient with my questions - need to do this with the wife watching ...

1. Always starts with configuration wizard
2. Where do I configure the "Channel Changer" remote? I picked no remote/external, and comm 3, but nothing happens - I'm using an ATI Remote Wonder.
3. As I'm using SD plugin, Slugger asks about the version of the HTTP Client, he wants 4.2.x - where do I check that?
And, if needed, where is it, so I can update it?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the others are small enough to deal with later.
2 Sage Clients V9.2.2

Last edited by RBraverman; 06-05-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:10 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
1. Always starts with configuration wizard
You may have to change the user the service runs under. In the service control program you can try changing the user to one with administrator rights.

Quote:
3. As I'm using SD plugin, Slugger asks about the version of the HTTP Client, he wants 4.2.x - where do I check that?
And, if needed, where is it, so I can update it?
Check Setup > Plugins All > General.