SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:59 PM
Sage User

Unable to add new source

I'm attempting to add a new tuner source (HDHomeRun Prime) and having problems.

While in the setup wizard, when I click on "Add New Source", I'm presented with lines for an older set of tuners that are no longer on the network.

So ... how do I get the new tuners to show up in the "Please select the video capture device listed below ...." page?

The tuners are on line and the HDHomeRun View application can tune them to the various cable channels.

TIA,
Foggy

V7, licensed
Old 10-18-2015, 10:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
I'm attempting to add a new tuner source (HDHomeRun Prime) and having problems.

While in the setup wizard, when I click on "Add New Source", I'm presented with lines for an older set of tuners that are no longer on the network.

So ... how do I get the new tuners to show up in the "Please select the video capture device listed below ...." page?

The tuners are on line and the HDHomeRun View application can tune them to the various cable channels.

TIA,
Foggy

V7, licensed
The Prime is not supported by SageTV so you will not see it ... you need to install sagedct or primenetencoder. Good luck as the learning curve is quite steep.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
The Prime is not supported by SageTV so you will not see it ... you need to install sagedct or primenetencoder. Good luck as the learning curve is quite steep.
PrimeNetEncoder, the latest version, is not that difficult. The auto configuration is pretty clean. Just have to follow the directions properly (to set the name in the .properties file).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-21-2015, 06:16 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
PrimeNetEncoder, the latest version, is not that difficult. The auto configuration is pretty clean. Just have to follow the directions properly (to set the name in the .properties file).
It seems to be changing between versions of PNE that has the steep learning curve from what I'm seeing.

Of course, finding the current set of install setup instructions for it may be a challenge as well. I'm not sure, not using it, but there certainly seems to be plenty of confused users when they upgrade. (Because they're skiping steps they think are already done?)
Old 10-21-2015, 06:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Upgrading is certainly tougher than installing from scratch.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-28-2015, 04:36 PM
Sage User

Update: I started out using SageDCT v2.0.0, which did not work at all.

Once I found and installed SageDCT v2.6.0.0, I was able to get my Prime working.

Is there any reason to get SageDCT v2.7.4?
Old 10-28-2015, 11:25 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Update: I started out using SageDCT v2.0.0, which did not work at all.

Once I found and installed SageDCT v2.6.0.0, I was able to get my Prime working.

If it ain't broke, don't mess with it.

If what you is working, I wouldn't concern myself with upgrading to the latest. And as it is, since you have a HDHomeRunPrime, if it came down to it for me, I'd probably be looking at the PrimeNetEncoder instead... But only if my existing install wasn't working to my satisfaction.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:15 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I'd been happily using v2.6.0 with Comcast via a Ceton pcie tuner for several years. But recently some channels began showing occasional pixilation, interruptions and completely corrupt recordings. Apparently Comcast had changed something on their end. Upgrading to v2.7.4 using the ffmpeg capture method solved the problem.

If v2.6.x is working for you, there's no reason to change.
System #1: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HDHR-US (1st gen white) tuners. HD-200.
System #2: Win7-64, I7-920, 8 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java 1.8.0_131. Sage v9.1.6.747. ClearQAM: 2x HDHR3-US tuners. HD-200.
System #3: Win7-64, I7-920, 12 GB mem, 4TB HD. Java-64 1.8.0_141. Sage-64 v9.2.1 ATSC: 2x HVR2250; Spectrum Cable via HDPVR & USB-UIRT. 3x HD-200.