SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is Gemstone still being worked on?

I love gemstone. Was wondering if it was still in development. Not that there are any features that I am missing at least not that I know of. There's talk about a version 9 STV and changes being made but since I use gemstone updated STVs are not compatible, right? I Guess I just want to know if there are any plans to update this plugin at some point in the future. I would not want to do without my Gemstone. The menu manager alone is priceless.
Thanks for all your hard work Jusjoken
Old 10-10-2015, 08:42 PM
SageTVaholic

As time permits and when things settle a bit with version 9 direction I plan to build a new gemstone STV and release it. I use it every day and plan to continue so there will be more releases....I just have not seen a need to jump on it yet.

Others that participated in Gemstone may also plan to do an update at some time but I believe there is no huge reason to do so yet.

k
Old 10-10-2015, 09:36 PM
Sage Expert

At this point, I think the only significant changes for all users between v7 and v9 on the STVi side is alphabetical sorting of tuners in the parallel recording schedule view(and that feature may be getting revised again sooner rather than later) and it also is atempting to match actors with their characters but that seems to be more v9's doing rather than the STVi itself.

If you have access to character/actor portraits via your EPG provider (not the one that came with Sage) or other means, the STVi could now display them if provided in the context of the new api for that. Not being a Gemstone user, those may have been things it already did without an api from Sage for doing so, I don't know.

Oh, and the previously hidden and unsupported UI features are no longer hidden. So overall, not much new to fuss over, it still looks like the STV7 ui.

Now if/when someone implements the ability to alter tuner merit from within the UI you might have something to pine for, but how often are you messing with that?
Old 10-11-2015, 03:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm glad to hear that you plan to continue updating it. Everything works fine and I don't think there is any reason to update it now. I was more or less just wondering what the future holds for this awesome plugin.
Thanks again for all your hard work.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

I love Gemstone and am glad to see it brought up.

If it does get worked on, here's a bug that's been brought up that I'll stump for. I have had to stop using it anywhere a guest might need to use SageTV.

This issue happens when tuning into a program from the guide (when something else is recording). I recall that the error says "user conflict." I could reproduce that anytime. The work around is to hit RECORD on the show, get prompted about the conflict, go through a number of steps. That is, you can't just hit Play on a show you want to watch and be presented with some dialog to allow you to choose to watch it or cancel to keep the current recording.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk51 View Post

If it does get worked on, here's a bug that's been brought up that I'll stump for. I have had to stop using it anywhere a guest might need to use SageTV.

This issue happens when tuning into a program from the guide (when something else is recording). I recall that the error says "user conflict." I could reproduce that anytime. The work around is to hit RECORD on the show, get prompted about the conflict, go through a number of steps. That is, you can't just hit Play on a show you want to watch and be presented with some dialog to allow you to choose to watch it or cancel to keep the current recording.
What is the base STV's behavior when you try to watch something live and there are no tuners available?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-27-2016, 07:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

If I recall, the default behavior was to ask you if you wanted to watch *selected program* instead of recording *active recording* or something to that effect. I don't watch live tv often and I've been using Gemstone since it was released years ago so I don't remember too well.
Old 01-27-2016, 08:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk51 View Post

I believe this issue is resolved in Gemstone2