SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-21-2015, 04:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Favorites with no distinct show ID

I have a favorite set up for F1 Extra on NBCSNHD.

Problem is, the show doesn't seem to have any distinct episode or date info associated with it....so....

SageTV records it over and over again, every time it's on.
I have the Favorite set to First Runs & ReRuns.
If I set it to just First Runs, I don't believe it records at all, as Sage has no way to know if it's been on before.

Has anyone found a solution to Favorites like this, which have no individual show ID?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 06-22-2015, 10:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've never found a solution. In fact, I clicked on your post hoping you'd found one. One of my channels has started re-running Buffy The Vampire Slayer without episode ID, which of course means every episode gets recorded. I'm not ready to remove the Favorite just yet because I'm still missing two or three episodes as aired on another channel with proper ID.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:46 PM
SageTVaholic

it's a pain....but lately, Sage seems to be making two recordings of EVERY 'Favorite'.
Three, new HBO series started on Sunday, and Sage made two recordings of each. Two of them were listed as "Pilot", so that makes sense, but one was "Season 2, Episode 1".
That one should have only been recorded once, no?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 06-23-2015, 08:50 AM
Sage Expert

I don't know if it's the same issue, but I know that some shows have an airing id that starts with "SH*" and the ones that are distinct have an airing id starting with "EP"

So the solution for me is in the favorite to have "EP\d+" in the keyword so that it only records shows that start with "EP".

Not sure if it's the same thing... I don't think I've had the problem you describe.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just thought I'd mention that Dargason's suggestion has worked for me. SageTV never records favorites I've set with non-unique episode numbers now. Once in a while, SageTV does still record two copies of favorites (or even Intelligent Recording non-favorites) with the same episode numbers. That is, it records the airing at 8PM and records the same episode again at 1AM. Not sure what that's about, but at least it's not an everyday thing now.