SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:02 PM
Sage User

Can't configure zip code??

I'm upgrading from WinXP to Win7, Version 7.0.23 SageTV. When I'm going through the config on the new drive, it says "there was an error connecting to the SageTV server" I can get to the internet just fine with this system, so it isn't a network problem. What gives?

EDIT: I should also state that it found the zip code just fine for the weather info. But it won't find it for the cable system, and I can't even bypass it to come back later...

Last edited by epickett; 06-14-2014 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 06-14-2014, 10:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by epickett View Post
I'm upgrading from WinXP to Win7, Version 7.0.23 SageTV. When I'm going through the config on the new drive, it says "there was an error connecting to the SageTV server" I can get to the internet just fine with this system, so it isn't a network problem. What gives?

EDIT: I should also state that it found the zip code just fine for the weather info. But it won't find it for the cable system, and I can't even bypass it to come back later...
Keep trying. I have to try multiple times most of the time when I'm setting up sources.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you manually re-enter the 5-digit ZIP code, even though it's probably the same?
Old 06-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Did you manually re-enter the 5-digit ZIP code, even though it's probably the same?
Yep - multiple times, even killing the process and starting from the beginning. I've also tried DIFFERENT codes in the area, just for the heck of it. The SaveTV program is allowed through the firewall, but I also tried turning the firewall OFF. No good. This is VERY puzzling...
Old 06-16-2014, 08:42 AM
Sage Icon

Just adding a "me too" here.

I was trying to set up a new source a week or two ago, and couldn't for the life of me enter a zip code. Kept getting the error you noted.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Sage Icon

I redid mine last week and it was hit-or-miss. It failed more often than it connected (and I had some brain-fart issues so I had to do it a couple of times), but eventually I got it all to work.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
I redid mine last week and it was hit-or-miss. It failed more often than it connected (and I had some brain-fart issues so I had to do it a couple of times), but eventually I got it all to work.
I just redid mine this last weekend and it took about a hour to maybe an hour and a half of continuous attempts Sunday evening before I got it to download the channels for a lineup. It took 15 minutes just to get the lineups. So as I said keep trying. It may take a few hours but you will eventually get the channel lineup downloaded.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
I just redid mine this last weekend and it took about a hour to maybe an hour and a half of continuous attempts Sunday evening before I got it to download the channels for a lineup. It took 15 minutes just to get the lineups. So as I said keep trying. It may take a few hours but you will eventually get the channel lineup downloaded.
Did you remove the source and start from scratch, or did you just keep hitting ok/continue on the zipcode?
Old 06-18-2014, 07:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by epickett View Post
Did you remove the source and start from scratch, or did you just keep hitting ok/continue on the zipcode?
Never removed the source but I backed out to the Lineups then back in trying different lineups like OTA lineup than cable lineup then OTA again. But mostly I just kept hitting OK on the zipcode.