SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Sage User

Configure which IR to use?

Hi all,

I've searched the forums for an answer, and I'm pretty sure the answer is out there and I've read it before, I just can't seem to find it now.

I've got a PVR-150 and I'm using the Hauppauge remote. I just added a PVR-USB2 to my system, which also uses a remote. The irremote software isn't starting up.

I think I read someplace (and I think Opus was the one who answered it) that there's a way to tell Sage, or possibly it's irremote, which device it should be using for the IR.

Anyone know what I need to do to configure this? I thought I had bookmarked the thread, knowing I was going to be getting the USB2 and possibly running into this, but apparently I didn't and now I can't remember what I had searched for before to find that thread. Doh!

Thanks for any help!

-Gary
Old 11-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Administrator

You might be referring to the registry settings here. I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for or whether it will help.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,
Why do you need 2 remotes? I have 2 PVR-150's and 2 A-180's with 3 Remotes but I only use ONE remote with the receiver plugged into the FIRST pvr-150. If you are adding tuners you do not need to change anything with the remote.
(Maybe your talking about something completely different??)

Randy

HD-200 extender, 37 in. lcd tv (HDMI)
Old 11-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Sage User

Hi,

I don't want to use two remotes, I happen to have two tuners, the 150 and the USB2, that both have IR. I only want to use one of them, I don't really care which. But irremote.exe won't start up. It barfs with the error:

Failed to initialize Infrared Remote Hardware

The thread Andy posted was the one I was looking for. Unfortunately the reg hack didn't help (I was hoping it would). I've tried disabling each of the devices hoping the IR software would start up. No luck.

I'm thinking I may have to go the USB-UIRT route, although it'd mean getting new remotes and figuring out how to configure it all with Sage. Anyone know of a "How-To" page for getting USB-UIRT and Sage to work together?

Thanks,

-Gary
Old 11-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Administrator

As far as I know, the 150 & PVR-USB2 shouldn't be conflicting with each other at all -- you should be able to use whichever one the IR software finds first & that will be the receiver. The problem comes when one of the PCI tuners is an MCE version that has no IR port.

I would try uninstalling & reinstalling the Hauppauge IR software, and rebooting... if you've done that & it doesn't work, contact Hauppauge. You may want to try a different version of the IR software.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I see what you are saying now. Didn't know adding a usb tuner could cause this kind of problem. Good Luck.

Randy

HD-200 extender, 37 in. lcd tv (HDMI)
Old 11-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Sage User

I recently went through this problem when adding my second tuner using a PVR-USB2. Here is what I did to fix it:

Un-install all Hauppauge drivers.

Re-install base drivers and middleware for 150: http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...rt_pvr150.html

Re-install base drivers and middleware for USB2: http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...rusb2.html#app

Re-install remote driver: http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...#remotecontrol

Set the registry key to 23 as described in this thread for the USB2: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...2200#post72200

Use this irremote.ini file in case you didn't back yours up, place it in your windows folder: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/atta...1&d=1099027251

Now I'm smooth sailing
Video/Audio: Overlay and Cyberlink video/audio
Clients: 2 STX-HD100 HD Media Extenders, 1 MediaMVP
Old 11-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Sage Icon

Hauppauge really should fix this issue with IR. I have a pvr-500 and 3 USB2 devices. I had the remote working fine with them all until I did a format-reinstall of my system. Since the 500 has no remote and is not a 150 than it should have it's own driver so it doesn't conflict with other tuners and IR program should allow for selecting the tuner you want to use it with.
I'm about to give up with the Hauppauge remote altogether...
Old 11-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I have a pvr-500 and 3 USB2 devices.
Maybe you did this already, but did you try the registry setting for it to prefer one of the PVR-USB2 IR receivers? That's supposed to work, since the drivers can at least tell the difference between the PCI cards & the USB2 tuners.

- Andy