SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Channel Lineup Lost from EPG Server

Getting this message pretty much daily at this point on a SageTV server that I setup in another home, using a Server license that I purchased from another user here on the forums.

Charter Digital Cable
SageDCT

A few weeks back, at the same time I was setting this up, this geographical area was receiving a Charter update that required everyone to exchange their STB's apparently. When setting up the server, I found the EPG option for "Charter Communications Digital" and then another for "Charter Communications Rebuild Digital - <Cityname>" - I selected the latter which turned out to be the correct EPG at this time.

In Sage, if I attempt to select a new lineup, I am forced to type in the ZIP code again to get the lineup list to appear, and the "Rebuild" still shows, so I don't know if or when I can go back to using the regular "Digital (not rebuild)." If I go to the Zap2it website and enter that zip code, the "Rebuild" lineup doesn't show up.

Lastly, the EPG Guide data on this Sage server is currently working correctly in spite of this message that keeps appearing, and I'm still getting guide data out (2) weeks consistently.

Not really sure what to do about this, just live with the constant error, or attempt to resolve it. Any suggestions?

Last edited by KryptoNyte; 05-05-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Is there a way to enter a properties file and simply alter the *name* of a channel lineup, without actually altering the channel lineup itself?

I have a feeling that Charter has finally changed the "Rebuild" lineup name back to their standard digital lineup, yet no channel mappings would have changed. I just figured I could backup the Sage directory before tweaking for this and at least give it a shot to try and eliminate this daily error.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Update: I forwarded the attached (2) images to Zap2it's "feedback" email address to see if they can confirm which lineup Sage should be using.

Last edited by KryptoNyte; 05-05-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:12 PM
SageTVaholic

As a follow-up, I received a couple emails from the Zap2it staff, who were very communicative, gently indicating that I should get off my lazy butt and switch the lineup back to the Charter Digital lineup.

It worked. Didn't even lose the favorites in the process.