SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

TWC Rebuild of Channel Lineup - Lineup lost

TWC recently rebuilt their channel lineup in western NY state. A new lineup called "Time Warner Cable Rebuild Digital - Rochester" was created on Zap2it, and I did actually change the lineup in Sage for my HD PVR to use that yesterday.

However, today I got a notice within Sage that the lineup no longer exists on the EPG server. I just verified that it actually does still exist on Zap2it, and it does still appear to be a selectable EPG source (in fact I just re-selected it and Sage downloaded the programming for it). But within a few minutes another "Channel Lineup lost from EPG server" warning was received.

The trouble is that the lineup that doesn't contain the word "rebuild" has the wrong channel lineup (even though the lineup change has already been implemented in Rochester) I also verified this on Zap2it as well (non-"rebuild" lineup has the wrong lineup).

I'm not sure what this warning means in terms of the lineup. Is it just a "glitch" on the EPG server causing erroneous lineup warnings?

As a side note, TWC changed their lineups to no longer include separate channels for HD and SD content. Instead, the STB will deliver the format supported by the device connected to it (or what the STB is configured to output). Since the EPG no longer designates the channels as HD, Sage can't really identify what channels are HD vs SD, so as a result doesn't appear to schedule recordings with any particular priority on a system that has multiple tuners (e.g. one HD PVR using a STB and two other tuners that record the analog channels 1-99). The obvious quick fix is to specify the specific channel for favorites to force that show to be recorded only by a specific tuner, but this then introduces a risk that although it may be preferable for a program to be recorded in HD, that a competing favorite might not get recorded because it won't be scheduled on another tuner that can deliver that content in non-HD. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to be very selective on forcing favorites on specific channels.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm in the Rochester, NY market (and use TWC) and I haven't been pushed any updates yet to my channels?

When did all this start?

Edit: Just received a phone call from TWC that the new channel lineup will go into effect tomorrow.

Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Case: Antec 1200 with 4 iStarUSA trayless hot-swap cages (20 drives max)
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Capture Cards: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro 4, Hauppauge 60 HD-PVR
Players: 5 HD300s, 2 HD200s

Last edited by will; 10-16-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

It started Tuesday morning (nearest I can tell sometime around 2-3am). The original digital channel lineup is incorrect. I went into the tuner setup and changed the channel lineup to "Time Warner Cable Rebuild Digital - Rochester". That lineup is the right one to use for the changed lineup.

The big question here is that at some point the term "rebuild" will be meaningless and so it's expected that the original lineup will get updated with the content of the "rebuild" one. I don't know when that is, but if you browse to "zap2it.com", select the channel list, then click on "change location" and enter your zip code, you can see the lineups that the Sage EPG servers should see. So for now, I'm going to just ignore the warning (?) and keep checking Zap2it's site to see what happens.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

I just got a notification that my DirecTV NY lineup is gone, but I've seen this before and it shows up before I run out of data. This may or may not be related, but I wanted to throw it out there.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 10-17-2013, 07:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wow... I forgot about this. Looks like I've got some work to do on a rainy thursday in Western NY.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Yep, the change went into effect this morning. I updated my channel guide for my HD-PVRs but then disabled my internal analog tuners while I figure this out.

I am pretty disappointed that we won't get HD listings anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to best setup a system that is a mix of HD-PVRs and analog tuners? I'm thinking about using the old guide data and remapping the channels.

I want to make sure my tuners are still recording HD shows over analog. Also, what about favorites that I limited to a certain channel, will I need to go in and reset them?

Hardware: Intel Core i7-920 with 12GB RAM & an Adaptec 5805 with a Chenbro 36-port SAS Expander
Drives: 8 Toshiba/Hitachi 2TB drives in a RAID 6 & 7 Toshiba 3TB drives in a RAID 6
Old 10-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

So I just went through and kept my old TWC guide data but remapped all the physical channels to the new channels (TWC rebuild listing). This way I should still have the HD indicator and everything should continue to work as expected.

It was pretty tedious; if there is a way to export channel listings I would be glad to share.

Also, I really hope Zap2It keeps the old channel lineups available...

Old 10-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

I really doubt the "old" lineup will remain. What's likely to happen is that it gets replaced with the "rebuild" one (and the rebuild one goes away/gets renamed).

To somewhat address the HD recording prefernce, I've changed "some" of my favorites to only record on a channel accessible to the HD PVR (and for the HD PVR I've deselected all the analog channels covered by the other two analog tuners I've got).
Old 10-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've got the message from Sage that my lineup is gone too. (Time Warner Cable - Rochester) I went to see if there was another one for me to choose, but I get a message about unable to connect to the SageTV server... Not sure what to do now. I do not have HD on this lineup.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

If you select the other option that lets you re-enter your zip code, it'll work.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary201 View Post
If you select the other option that lets you re-enter your zip code, it'll work.
No, it didn't. It still says error contating the SageTV servers.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Getting the same error message for the last 3-4 days. A manual update doesn't work either. Any solution to this?
Old 10-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

That's odd, I rebuilt my channel lineup and was able to access the old channels just fine (as well as the new channels).

Also Zap2It still lists all the channel lineups.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

I checked my guide today, and apparently I'm still getting data on my "lost" lineup. I went out as far as where I'd seen "No Data" before.. and there is new data there.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

So Zap2It finally started to get rid of the old guide data.

I still want to maintain the HD markings in the guide data so I ended up using a so so hack. I changed my HD-PVR's EPG to DirectTV and then remapped the correct channels to what they should be with TWC.

It has been working well so far though I did lose a couple channels like one minor Cinemax channel, BBS World News, CSPAN 3 and maybe a few others that I never watched (not that I currently watch CSPAN 3... ).

I really wish TWC would just put in the HD markings on their new EPG or stop flagging everything as copy-once so I could use a CableCard and retire my internal analog tuner.

Tags
lineup, twc