SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-16-2014, 02:47 AM
SageTVaholic

How to tell drive space, remotely?

Is there a way to tell how much space is empty on your SageTV servers drives, remotely?
Doing some travelling and have loads of Olympic recordings set up, but want to keep an eye on how full my drives are (I have two recording drives, one for each tuner)
I thought it would be easy, but so far haven't found an answer. I tried Sage Webserver, but didn't see my drives space usage anywhere.

any ideas?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 02-16-2014, 07:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
(I have two recording drives, one for each tuner)
I don't have an answer to your question but I have one of my own. How do you assign a drive to a specific tuner?
Old 02-16-2014, 11:30 AM
SageTVaholic

setup configuration sources
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 02-16-2014, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

If you have the web server installed, you can see the drive space there. No clue why you aren't seeing it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-02-16 12 37 02.jpg (75.5 KB, 186 views)
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 02-16-2014, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Is there a way to tell how much space is empty on your SageTV servers drives, remotely?
Doing some travelling and have loads of Olympic recordings set up, but want to keep an eye on how full my drives are (I have two recording drives, one for each tuner)
I thought it would be easy, but so far haven't found an answer. I tried Sage Webserver, but didn't see my drives space usage anywhere.

any ideas?
Any specific reason why you have tuners assigned to drives. I found it much better to use Bandwidth and let Sage handle the recordings. That way if you are recording 2 shows it will use 2 drives. If only recording 1 show it will use the drive with the most space.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Any specific reason why you have tuners assigned to drives. I found it much better to use Bandwidth and let Sage handle the recordings. That way if you are recording 2 shows it will use 2 drives. If only recording 1 show it will use the drive with the most space.
file management - one drive records from satellite and one from cable set-top box. simple to find things for conversion programs, etc. never been a problem to this point (knocks head on wood desk)
Old 02-16-2014, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
If you have the web server installed, you can see the drive space there. No clue why you aren't seeing it.
is it because I use two drives, one for each tuning device? Or is it possible I think I'm using Web Server and I'm using something else? Sage/Frey 8080?

Last edited by tvmaster2; 02-16-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
setup configuration sources
In my "Setup" menu (v7.1.9.256) are these choices:

Configuration Wizard
Detailed Setup
Help
Toggle Full Screen
Parental Controls
Scan Imported media
System Information
System Messages

I cannot find any option in those categories that allow me to match Tuner with specific drive. I am most likely over-looking it. Can you direct me further?
Old 02-16-2014, 11:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
file management - one drive records from satellite and one from cable set-top box. simple to find things for conversion programs, etc. never been a problem to this point (knocks head on wood desk)
That makes sense.. Like skirge said it should be on the webserver main page scroll down. PS I use 4 drives and have space display on the webserver.

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-16-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
is it because I use two drives,
I have five drives (2TB each) that I use and I can read the free space both on the Server and on the TV. For instance it now says "8303.0 GB Free Next 48 hours: 18 Shows 163.3 GB." It appears at the bottom of the screen in (what looks like) a capacity gauge type of bar.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
That makes sense.. Like skirge said it should be on the webserver main page scroll down. PS I use 4 drives and have space display on the webserver.
so if I was accessing it remotely on an ipad from Starbucks using Safari for example, what would the address be, for example?

EDTI: FOUND IT! thanks - I had it auto-booting to the files page, not the home page;
Sadly, it only tells you total available space, and doesn't let you choose drives. I suppose a good FTP app will do that
Old 02-16-2014, 01:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
so if I was accessing it remotely on an ipad from Starbucks using Safari for example, what would the address be, for example?

EDTI: FOUND IT! thanks - I had it auto-booting to the files page, not the home page;
Sadly, it only tells you total available space, and doesn't let you choose drives. I suppose a good FTP app will do that
If you have something like google drive or skydrive you can schedule a dir pointing the output to the drive.

dir c:\>"C:\Users\Edwin\Google Drive\cdrive.txt"

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-16-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
It's possible to add a new page to the webserver that would show this (or anything else you want) using groovy scripting. Slugger added that functionality and discusses it in the webserver's thread.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
It's possible to add a new page to the webserver that would show this (or anything else you want) using groovy scripting. Slugger added that functionality and discusses it in the webserver's thread.
It wouldn't take much more than 10 mins to create a page that displays total & used space per physical disk. Probably a little longer if you're new to groovy and/or scripting in general, but this guide will show you the basics on adding new web pages to the webui.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 02-21-2014, 10:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I am working on some Groovy code that does a report on hard drive space for all drives, including the system drive, TV recording drives, video library drives and lobs.db folder. I will try to post the code tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Save this to a file called disks.groovy and put it in the SageTV\webserver\groovy folder and then you should be able to access the info from (substitute the name of your Sage server for Carnoustie and your port for 8080) http://carnoustie:8080/sage/disks.groovy. The web page should look something like this:
Quote:
SageTV is located at: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV
Free Space on System drive is: 42.7 GB

Free space for TV Drives is:
\\carnoustie\media2\tv Freee space is 319.8 GB

Free space for Video Library Drives is:
\\carnoustie\videos Freee space is 1283.8 GB

\\carnoustie\Movies Freee space is 1019.6 GB

.lobs.db folder is located at C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\.lobs.db and size is 13.5 MB
Code:
import org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils
import sagex.api.*

lobsdbThreshold=50 //this number is in MB to trigger a warning
SageTVPath=Utility.GetWorkingDirectory()

FreeSpace=(Utility.GetDiskFreeSpace(SageTVPath)/1e9).toFloat().round(1)
out <<  "<h1>SageTV is located at: $SageTVPath</h1>\n"
out <<  "<p>Free Space on System drive is: $FreeSpace GB</p>"

out <<  "<h2>Free space for TV Drives is:</h2>\n"
Configuration.GetVideoDirectories().each {
	PathString=it.toString()
	FreeSpace=(Utility.GetDiskFreeSpace(PathString)/1e9).toFloat().round(1)
	out <<  "<p>$PathString Freee space is $FreeSpace GB</p>"
}

out <<  "<h2>Free space for Video Library Drives is:</h2>"
Configuration.GetVideoLibraryImportPaths().each {
	PathString=it.toString()
	FreeSpace=(Utility.GetDiskFreeSpace(PathString)/1e9).toFloat().round(1)
	out <<  "<p>$PathString Freee space is $FreeSpace GB</p>\n"
}

lobsDir=new File (SageTVPath+"\\.lobs.db")
if (lobsDir.exists())  {
	lobsDirSize= (FileUtils.sizeOfDirectory(lobsDir)/1000000).toFloat().round(1)
	if( lobsDirSize > lobsdbThreshold)  { out <<  "<p>Error******************************\r\nlobs.db folder is getting too big!</p>" }
	out <<  "<p>.lobs.db folder is located at $lobsDir and size is $lobsDirSize MB</p>"
}
Old 02-22-2014, 09:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
put it in the SageTV\webserver\groovy folder
Is this a folder that needs to be created or should it exit already?
Old 02-22-2014, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

I am not sure - I am pretty sure it will exist if you have one of the last few releases of the web UI. You might also need to get the Java FileUtis jar and put it in your jar folder. SJQv4 may be another prerequisite.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBoyd View Post
Is this a folder that needs to be created or should it exit already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I am not sure - I am pretty sure it will exist if you have one of the last few releases of the web UI. You might also need to get the Java FileUtis jar and put it in your jar folder. SJQv4 may be another prerequisite.
The folder would only exist if another plugin were installed that put files in that directory already (i.e. SJQv4 web ui, Schedules Direct EPG plugin, etc.). Otherwise, just create it.

You do not need to install SJQv4 to be able to install Wayne's script. Groovy scripting functionality is built right into the webui since v2.32 or v2.33 (can't remember exactly which release I did it in) so would need to be running at least that version of the webui (and really, you should be on 2.42). You would need to install the commons-io plugin since Wayner is making use of that jar in his script. That plugin would be under the Libraries section of Sage plugins. Despite Sage's insistence otherwise, you would need to restart Sage after installing the commons-io plugin. The webui plugin will not see the new jar file until you restart (due to different classloaders). Good chance that plugin is already installed on your system so then you'd be good to go and wouldn't need to restart Sage.

Alternatively, Wayner could package up his script as a Sage plugin and then define all the prereqs such that all you'd need to do is install the script plugin and that's it. Same issue still, though (i.e. you'd need to restart Sage even though Sage will tell you it's not necessary after installing such a plugin -- unless all the jars being referenced in the script were already installed on your system).
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...

Last edited by Slugger; 02-25-2014 at 09:14 PM.