SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-15-2003, 06:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Out of disk space on 120GB drive???

I just received an error message on my 120GB drive that is dedicated to SAGE saying the recorder has to stop recording because it is out of space? hello! Why?

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 10-15-2003, 08:35 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

How do you have the diskspace allocated in Detailed Setup > General?
Old 10-15-2003, 08:55 AM
Sage Icon

I also encountered a disk space related issued last night. I had the Use Only set to 30 GB. I changed this to 25 GB after seeing that I only had about 32 GB total available space on the drive. I did press apply. I then checked System Information and I believe it showed Available Video Diskspace as ~15 GB which I thought would be enough. When I got up, I saw a message indicating an out of space problem. I then saw that I had 0 free space on the drive. I should have had about 7GB or 2GB if the change to 25GB was not seen. I then discovered that a program scheduled as 1 hour was 3 hours and 45 minutes? This was the last program recorded. Not sure whether the space problem caused the long record or the long record caused the space problem. Also a program that had marked for deletion was still in the SageTV video directory.

I suggest you look at the last program recorded and see how long the recording really is.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:54 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

The first thing to check is that whatever you allocate to SageTV, it can't get used by anything else. If you allocate 30GB, but then really only leave 25GB available, problems may arise. Also make sure you are not overlapping any Import/Library drives with the allocated diskspace to SageTV.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by dkardatzke
The first thing to check is that whatever you allocate to SageTV, it can't get used by anything else. If you allocate 30GB, but then really only leave 25GB available, problems may arise. Also make sure you are not overlapping any Import/Library drives with the allocated diskspace to SageTV.
Is there a way to do this without creating a separate partition? If not I suggest you add the requirement of a separate partition to your list of system requirements. I have recently added 2 new disks to my system but they both created with just 1 big partition each because I was not aware of this requirement. I cannot create a new partition just for SageTV untill I buy another disk.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:49 AM

He means that if you have a 50 GB partitian and set Sage to use 30, make sure nothing else is using more than 20.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Why don't you just set it as leave free xxGB?
Old 10-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by jmeeks
Why don't you just set it as leave free xxGB?
This was mostly an oversight that the option was available. I have the trial version and am checking everything out. But it appears to me that the "use only" option did not work as expected. When I checked the system infomation about video space after this space full condition occured. It showed a -8 GB. At the time I was not sure if the negative value was resonable. I now an sure that is was showing that Sage used 8 GB more than it was supposed too. I have now moved the SageTV video directory on a disk that nothing accesses. It was on my system disk but nothing else should have been running overnight.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

In response to:
Quote:
Originally posted by dkardatzke
How do you have the diskspace allocated in Detailed Setup > General?
I checked last night and found I had a folder (frey technologies program folder) on my much smaller c drive listed along with my dedicated video drive. So I removed the c drive folder and I will see how it goes.
Thanks

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix