SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Sage User

Help: SageTV returns to main menu while watching videos

I have a weird problem that I have lived with for about a year now.

Whenever I am watching a video (imported video, or recorded) SageTV jumps back to the main menu after about 3-4 minutes of video.

I start the video, then 3-4 minutes into playback it jumps back to the main menu. I hit the back button to get back to my video and the rest of the video plays perfectly. It does the same thing on many different video formats (AVI, MP4, DVD folders, etc) from different sources so it is not a problem with corrupted video files.

The machine I am having trouble with is used as a server, and as my main HTPC in my living room. It is SageTV v7 running on Windows 7. I run a stock SageTV 7 interface and the only plugins I have installed are Phoenix fanart, and Commercial detector. My HD300 in another room works perfectly with the same files.

I just re-installed Windows and SageTV last weekend and the problem still persists. Any ideas?
Old 01-01-2014, 08:05 PM

same problem

I do not have a solution for you. I just encountered the same problem. I switched a system from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit, installing SageTV 7.1.95, and I now have the same problem. It also can do it under Live TV. Everything worked properly under 32-bit with the same setup including the same plug-ins for Comskip. After hitting the back button it will usually complete the video fine, but going through the menu to restart it promptly repeats going back to the menu 2-5 minutes in. I submitted a support request mentioning your post.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Sage User

Now that you mention it, I first had this problem when I went from 32 bit XP to 64 bit Windows 7. I never tried the 32 bit version of 7.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:58 PM

My problem is fixed. After I got my Windows 7 back up to date the problem lessened but did not go completely away. I initially suspected a problem with Commercial Detector/Comskip as the problem generally did not show up if nothing was recording but when in detailed settings I switched from the SageTV MPEG video decoder for MPEG 2 to the Microsoft codec, the problem disappeared and it has not come back. Play with the multimedia playback settings and see if one of them is a problem on your system.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:37 AM
Sage Icon

If you use a Microsoft wireless mouse, and the MCE remote commands, the mouse sends a signal after a few minutes (seconds) that will kick Sage to the Main Menu. Could that be it? I ended up making a plug that fits into the slot where the wireless receiver goes (to turn the mouse completely off) and insert it whenever I'm not using it.