SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-24-2013, 04:18 PM

Remembering Past Sage Recordings

I had the unfortunate instance of having one of my two Sage installs die when the boot drive on which it was installed crashed. Fortunately, all of my media files were on other drives, including Sage-recorded files.

When I reinstalled Sage on the new boot drive, it doesn't recognize the files recorded. (I did reestablish the recording drive in Sage.) I am assuming that Sage maintains some sort of index that keeps up with what it's recorded - is there a way to force it to check and update that index?

It's not critical, but it would be convenient for the two weeks' worth of stuff I have recorded. It would also be nice so that I could mirror these and any other files on the other Sage install (both 6.4.5). Thanks!
Old 11-25-2013, 09:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Your history of your recordings and favorites and watched status is in the "wiz.bin" file of the SageTV install directory. If you didn't back that up then you will not be able to get that back. But with SageTV v7 putting metadata in the actual recording you would get that back from the recording. But it appears you are using 6.4.5 (If I read your post correctly) so you are out of luck if you didn't backup your wiz.bin file somewhere. I backup mine daily to a network share.