SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:00 AM
SageTVaholic

At first I thought it might be something simple, like the FLAC audio, but I see the second example doesn't have that.

That is one serious list of encoding settings (parameters) on both of those files ... wow, consider just one of those, b-frames - a good rule on b-frames seems that the older the device, the less b-frame capable it is, with older ipods not handling any b-frames at all - when looking at recommendations on b-frames along, they claim that reasonable values are between 2 and 5.

I don't know which one of those settings (or possibly even more than one) is causing the issue, but one would probably want to run those through handbrake to ensure compliance (not to mention file compression on the large files if that suits you).
Old 11-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Handbrake won't let me load these files, so I can't do that. I was successful converting the avi I mentioned.

Perhaps this is a case of the HD300's needing an update, since we aren't getting that maybe I need to consider building a sage client to replace the HD300. These aren't the only files giving issue, I've been noticing it's becoming more common as of late. I don't think the unit is failing as both my HD300's are giving the same error and older files I've had for years still play fine.

2xhd300
Old 11-10-2013, 11:27 AM
SageTVaholic

I suppose the client idea is an option.

Handbrake always plays nice with all my devices (even my phone now plays full HD files with DTS audio), so when it comes to media file encodes, it just seem to be the right tool for the job.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

It is quite strange what Handbrake is doing. I've never had issue with up until now. Ghost in the machine I suppose.

I'm trying to find some threads on building a mini client. I'm really stuck on making a remote work with one. But I guess that's for another thread.

2xhd300
Old 12-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Sage User

I'm having a similar problem with my HD300s not playing mkv files. But I don't think it is the bframes as I have one file that plays (Elysium) with bframes=8 and another that does not (Fast & Furious 6) bframes=7.

Perhaps it is the writing library? I can play Fast & furious 6 on my computer with windows media player and through my roku, but my HD300s and SageTVClient on my computer do not work. I get sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-1,0x80004005): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback.

Any suggestions for getting either my HD300s or SageTVClient to work?
Attached Files
File Type: txt Elysium.txt (5.4 KB, 123 views)
File Type: txt fast and furious 6 (1).txt (14.9 KB, 139 views)
Client3: HD300, hdmi to 60" Plasma
Client4: HD300, hdmi to 60" Plasma
Client5: HD300, hdmi to 46" LCD
Placeshifter: Used on multiple laptops
Storage: UnRaid Server 14tb
Old 12-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahouse View Post
I'm having a similar problem with my HD300s not playing mkv files. But I don't think it is the bframes as I have one file that plays (Elysium) with bframes=8 and another that does not (Fast & Furious 6) bframes=7.

Perhaps it is the writing library? I can play Fast & furious 6 on my computer with windows media player and through my roku, but my HD300s and SageTVClient on my computer do not work. I get sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-1,0x80004005): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback.

Any suggestions for getting either my HD300s or SageTVClient to work?
I have been getting this same error more and more frequently. I now have to test play every new file before I can leave it in my Sage imports or the WAF (Wife Approval Factor) goes way down.

I fear that there will be no real fix to the problem now that no new firmware will ever be released.