SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Sage Fanatic

Need some advice

I switched to using the MC2XML plugin for guide data about two years ago. And it has been working fine until now. I just realized that I do not have guide data after Friday. I have tried all of the things I have done in the past like deleting files and forcing a reload etc. without any effect. I still have no guide data after Friday.

I need to decide if I want to move back to the SageTV EPG server or go with Slugger’s Schedules Direct plugin. (PS The Schedules Direct plugin says it is incompatible because of HttpClient Version 4.0.1.1)

If you were faced with this choice, which way would you go?
  • SageTV EPG
  • Schedules Direct plugin

Thanks,
John
Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Duo
Sources: OTA, Sling Blue, Prime, Disney+,
Clients: ShieldTV (2), Fire TV Stick 4K (4)
Old 10-15-2013, 12:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
(PS The Schedules Direct plugin says it is incompatible because of HttpClient Version 4.0.1.1)
This is covered in the sdepg installation notes.

The choice between which EPG service to use is rather straightforward. Do you use any of the "advanced" features of that plugin like filters, generators, etc.? If not then I say go back to the Sage EPG server as it appears to not be going anywhere anytime soon (presumably as long as Google Fibre is alive and kicking). If you do use those advanced features then migrating over to sdepg seems like a more logical choice. Be aware that sdepg requires a ($25/yr) subscription to Schedules Direct (after an initial 7 day free trial).

Also, if you go back to Sage's EPG data then be sure to review the ramifications of that choice.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 10-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Do you use any of the "advanced" features of that plugin like filters, generators, etc.?
The only "advanced" feature I am currently using is Multiple Lineup. But it is not really multiple lineup. I have two HDHomeRun tunners that are used to receive the basic cable channels and I have an HRHomeRun Prime that is used to record the "Premium" channels. If I go back to Sage EPG, I can use a single lineup and make a copy for the non Prime tuners where I remove the Premium channels. So it is a single lineup with different channels enabled based on the tuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Also, if you go back to Sage's EPG data then be sure to review the ramifications of that choice.
I am aware that I might record shows that I have already seen, but it is better than not having any guide data at all.

Thanks for the logical advice.
John
Old 10-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Posting an Update:

In addition to losing my MC2XML listings, I also received a letter from Comcast that they are encrypting ALL of my channels.

So I ordered another HDHomeRun Prime, got another Cable Card from Comcast and prepared for a long weekend.

Actually everything went really well. Switched to SageTV EOG with no problems. (Great instructions Slugger.) The only real problem was a faulty Cable Card from Comcast. Why am I not surprised.

John