SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Sage Icon

bug - ff,rev, etc not working

Thought this might help someone else who encounters this problem in the future.

A problem with my server (disk array) led to the time being reset (to 2002!)... which went unnoticed by me for a while. [turns out my motherboard battery needed replacing and it lost all the CMOS settings after an extended time powered off]

The result - SageTV failed to respond to most media playback inputs (fast forward, reverse, etc) from either a remote control or directly from a keyboard. The problem existed on all Clients (Extenders, Software Clients, the server itself). All other features of SageTV seemed to be working perfectly.

It was quite perplexing as none of these other systems/devices had any changes made to it. Fix the time - fix the SageTV. All is well now.