SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Motherboard died, save Sage and Videos...

OK, so I have a big problem. My motherboard died. So I plan on taking the OS drive and converting it to a VMDK and bring the system alive in VMware Workstation. I have 3 hard drives (E, F, and G) for storage and plan on moving all the video files into one large folder on the network, I have a HP Media server with plenty of storage room. Most of the tuners are networked digital tuners so the new SageTV should see them, I’ll worry about the analog tuners later. So I don’t want to lose any of the recordings or the ability to use the recording menu to select and see the recorded videos. So my question is how do I get the SageTV software see all the moved videos?

I can add the new storage location and I read about rescanning the media files?

Or

Add new storage, stop SageTV, set advanced video file recover to true in sage.properties, restarted Sage, hopefully the files will be found?

Or

????
Old 06-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I would add the new recording location, after you have the Virtual Machine up and running. SageTV will not delete your missing shows right away, so adding the new recording location will fix it. After you verify by spot checking the shows are linked to the new location, delete the old location in the Recording settings
Old 06-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Sage Icon

Make a backup copy of your wiz.bin and sage.properties so you can always go back if it doesn't work the first time.

But as mike said, it should work if you add new location first.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

The whole OS drive is messed up and can't make a bootable VM. So I reinstalled SageTV on another Windows 7 VM. I was able to save and copy the sagetv program files from the drive. Having issues now with sagetv not recognizing any of my licenses. Using 7.19, which I thought was the last one that they said would accept any license from v6 on, I have a license from v4 on. I am on a 21 day trial. I copies over the win.bin and sage.properties but nothing showed up, no videos, video sources, schedules, favorites, nothing. So I am baffled and lost as of now.

Not having a good day. Will try more tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Sage Icon

You enter the v4 license first then restart SageTV and enter the v6 license. And I believe there's a 7.19 .exe file that you download to bypass license check for v7.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.