SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

TV + Recorded Movies

Is it possible to combine both the normal TV view and the Recorded Movie view into a single flow? (e.g., I want my recorded TV shows and recorded Movies to show up in my single Dual Flow).

Sage1.jpg attachment shows my Dual Flow TV (TV Shows by Recent view) Dual Flow flow.

Sage2.jpg attachment shows what I want to do, essentially combine the All Recordings content of Diamond/Gemstone with the Recorded Movies content into a single view.

Sage3.jpg shows the Recorded Movie flow from Gemstone. None of these movies show up in my TV Show/Dual Flow flow yet, but I would like them to.

Any hints, tips?

Thanks!
-D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage1.jpg (205.3 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg sage2.jpg (95.2 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg sage3.jpg (148.7 KB, 225 views)

Last edited by mdnttoker; 12-26-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Sure.

The content in the flow is driven by the View and filters selected. As a test you can select the View Base All Videos and then set the view option group by to show and make sure you get all the media in the flow. Then just experiment with various view and filter options to get what you want.

k
Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've been playing around with views and filters for hours, and just can't figure out how to get the Recorded Movies (e.g., TV movies recorded by Gemstone/Diamond) to be added (intermingled) with the default Dual Flow TV flow.

I know I can switch "views" from TV to Recorded Movies within the flow, but I'd rather have them all (TV shows and recorded movies) displayed at once (intermingled), if possible.

If anyone has been able to add Recorded Movies to the default TV flow (and show both at once, intermingled), I'd love to hear how you did it.

Thanks!
-D
Old 12-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Sage Icon

Here is a set of instructions that will get you both Recorded TV and Movies in your Dual Flow.

Type: Dual Flow
View: Base - All Videos

View Options:

Level - 1

Group by: Show
-Options: None

Sort by: Recent Activity
-Options: Sort Order: Descending

Level -2

Group by: None
-Options: None

Sort by: Season and Episode
-Options: Sort Order: Descending (or Ascending)

Under Filters select the Media Type Filters (included option) then select "Recording" from the list.

Should only show the recorded TV and Movies... It does show the movie in the left and right panes but you will get what you want from it. If you turn banners on it will show a blank banner for the movies (Movies don't have banners) and the TV show will so it's a bit easier to pick them out when scrolling.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RecordedTVandRecordedMoviesDualFlow.jpg (245.4 KB, 366 views)

Last edited by jorton; 12-26-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you so much, that's perfect!

I didn't know that "Recorded Movies" was included in the "Recording" filter, I kept searching and searching for a "recorded movies" filter and couldn't find it.

Thanks again, and Happy Holidays!

-D
Old 12-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Sage Icon

TV and Movies can be recordings.

J
Old 12-26-2012, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

You can also select the Options under the Group By and set the Promote Single Item Groups to Yes and the movies will show as single items in the left list.

k
Old 12-26-2012, 06:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Also go into the Sort for Level 1 and set Folders first to No so the sort does not just place all the movies to the end.

k
Old 12-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
You can also select the Options under the Group By and set the Promote Single Item Groups to Yes and the movies will show as single items in the left list.

k
This is perfect