SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:51 PM
SageTVaholic

USBuirt and WMC7?

I can't find any other forum community that can seem to provide an intelligent answer to this question, so I apologize if this seems misplaced, but here goes ...

Can the USBuirt device be used with Windows Media Center 7 to change the channels on a set-top-box? Keep in mind, I'm not looking to use the USBuirt to act as a receiver for some remote control for WMC7, I would like to get it to act as a transmitter to change channels on the set-top-box when WMC7 calls for a channel change.

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Sage Icon

Yep, wrong forum, but you might want to ask over at TheGreenButton.tv

For the USBUirt to work with 7MC, 7MC needs to support it or have drivers that hook it. Try a Google search, as that turned up many haveing trouble with this.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, I don't know if it's the wrong forum, folks need a place to go when a product dies. Yeah, I tried the Google search. Lots of folks with the question, no one with an answer.

I'll do some searching over at the Greenbutton. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:32 PM
SageTVaholic

You should be able to find a Win MC remote with IR receiver and transmitter. If not I will trade you one for an HD-200 or 300.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
You should be able to find a Win MC remote with IR receiver and transmitter. If not I will trade you one for an HD-200 or 300.
Wayner, do you by chance have a link that might describe the use of the USBuirt with WMC7, with regards to set-top-box succesful channel changing specifically?
Old 10-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Not sure why USBUIRT is the only option for you but you might want to try something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY-Center-...rds=mce+remote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Well, I just figured it would be convenient to use as I already have it, and I wasn't actually aware there were any other options.

TwistedMelon is giving me a hand right now with some of his products, which are apparently fully compatible with WMC and can perform this task (with a couple emitters).

I think that whenever this question is asked, there is always confusion between the ability to control WMC with an IR "receiver" vs. the ability to have WMC use an IR "emitter" to perform a channel change on a set-top-box.