SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to tp9163
Exclamation Some airings of one of my 'favorites' isn't being scheduled

http://i47.tinypic.com/333l744.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/35a6c0x.jpg

As you can see from the screenshots, the following aren't being scheduled:

7/10 Tue - both episodes
7/11 Wed - both episodes
7/13 Fri - 1st episode only

7/17 Tue - both episodes
7/18 Wed - both episodes
7/20 Fri - 1st episode only

What is it about Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and also 1st episode's of Fridays that it's not wanting to schedule them??

1. And yes, I do have it set to record both First Runs and ReRuns.
2. Malore options is turned off.
3. I've already tried to remove/re-add this favorite.
4. I've deleted *.properties to start fresh.
5. Recording Schedule confirms the airing schedule as shown above.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Sage believes you've already got that episode recorded or it's scheduled to record at another time. Look at the episode id for each not scheduled to record, I suspect they're similar to ones scheduled to record or already recorded.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 07-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to tp9163
How would Sage even know whether I have those eps or not, if I had used a 3rd party program to convert them to mp4?

Well, either way, I 'fixed' it.

I went and deleted wiz.bin (but not before backing it up)
then opened Sage, saw it was now scheduling them properly
exited Sage, replaced wiz.bin with my original one

It now is STILL working fine, even after replacing the original wiz.bin back. How did that happen?
Old 07-10-2012, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

You can force Sage to forget which shows you watched in the advanced options under a favorite. I have to do this every few months with my syndicated shows otherwise it stops recording them when they loop back around and start re-airing.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 07-18-2012, 07:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

I too have recently experienced Favorites not being flagged for recording.

a few weeks ago it was an episode of Eureka. I recorded it by setting up a manual recording (for just that one episode, all others have been flagged just fine)

And now the upcoming season opener for Warehouse 13 is not being flagged to be recorded. Looking at the show in the guide it is definitely a new first run show. The favorite for Alphas is set to record. (Seeing Alphas in the recording schedule and not Warehouse 13 is what led me to look into this further.)

Curious that in my case both times it has been a SyFy channel show.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgaData View Post
I too have recently experienced Favorites not being flagged for recording.

a few weeks ago it was an episode of Eureka. I recorded it by setting up a manual recording (for just that one episode, all others have been flagged just fine)

And now the upcoming season opener for Warehouse 13 is not being flagged to be recorded. Looking at the show in the guide it is definitely a new first run show. The favorite for Alphas is set to record. (Seeing Alphas in the recording schedule and not Warehouse 13 is what led me to look into this further.)

Curious that in my case both times it has been a SyFy channel show.
I have the exact same issue ...

I missed last season show of Warehouse because SageTV deicded not to recording it like it thought it already had recorded it so when I saw it gonna be a re-run again this season. It got skipped over again ...

uuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

I should had manually set the record!

Still why did it skipped those favorite when it not been watched or not in conflict with other recording

sigh ......

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 08-22-2012, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
I have the exact same issue ...

I missed last season show of Warehouse because SageTV deicded not to recording it like it thought it already had recorded it so when I saw it gonna be a re-run again this season. It got skipped over again ...

uuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

I should had manually set the record!

Still why did it skipped those favorite when it not been watched or not in conflict with other recording

sigh ......

Bill
I've found there can be a couple reasons for this. One of them is a recording conflict and it sees that there is a later airing that it can record instead. Another one that I've seen with troubling frequency lately is that the HD flagging in the EPG is not correct for the initial airings but a later airing has the HD flag properly set. This situation causes SageTV to prefer the airings with the HD flag set properly and ignore the initial airings even if the channel is an HD one. In fact, I believe I've had this happen with Warehouse 13 and other SyFy shows lately. Sometimes I'm quick enough to catch it. Other times not and we have to wait a week. It's not a huge deal, just a bit of an inconvenience at times. We're behind on most of our shows so it really doesn't become too much of an issue.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had a problem similar to this when I moved to windows 7 and copied over the wiz.bin file. The shows would show up in the to be recorded que but not record till a later airing. I ended up deleting all my favorites and reentering them. This did solve my problem but was a pain to input all my favorites again. I got the web server to print out my favorites list before I deleted them all.