SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Sage Expert

Ok I'll check into if I can add a menu item in Diamond and would very much appreciate if you can show the batch file you use. Thanks
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Sage Icon

With Diamond you can add a custom menu item using ADM that can open your batch file or command. ADM is integrated in to Gemstone.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
Ok I'll check into if I can add a menu item in Diamond and would very much appreciate if you can show the batch file you use. Thanks
I'll get it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
With Diamond you can add a custom menu item using ADM that can open your batch file or command. ADM is integrated in to Gemstone.
That's the way to do it then. Very simple. Can't wait to check it out.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Myself, I use Girder for all my remote interaction. Part of my batch file that launches 7MC also switches my girder profiles to control it instead of sage. Then, on the Exit command, girder will close 7MC, and switch it's more back to Sage. My girder file is rather complex, but I've been tweaking on it for the better of 6 years. I also let it control Stereoscopic player, Hulu Desktop, SlimPlayer, Arcsoft TMT5, and it handles power management and input control for all home theater devices.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Sage Expert

The problem with adding ADM is that J River Media Center, Incontrol plugin for sage, Sage Job Que all disappear from the menu system as soon as ADM is enabled.
Sage Tv Server-Amd 4200FX quad core, Asus Nvidia EN610 Hdmi out , 8 Gig Ram ,(3) HVR-1800, 3.5 terrabyte storage, Windows 8 Pro on sage 9.09 system . Media Server- 6 Terabytes on 5 drives, Amd x2 6000 8 useable gig ram on win 7 32 bit media server.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Sage Expert

I have been very much looking forward to the Gemstone ui, but it would really be unfortunate if it means I can't use the incontrol plugin, the JRMC plugin and the sjq plugin, because ADM is part of it then I guess I will stick with diamond UI.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:15 PM
SageTVaholic

You just have to add them back with ADM. I've only used the Gemstone version, but I think it's the same. Just look for 'copy' mode on ADM.

btl.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:14 PM
Sage Expert

Ok Thanks Btl. The copy mode got them back on the screen and usable.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Myself, I use Girder for all my remote interaction. Part of my batch file that launches 7MC also switches my girder profiles to control it instead of sage. Then, on the Exit command, girder will close 7MC, and switch it's more back to Sage. My girder file is rather complex, but I've been tweaking on it for the better of 6 years. I also let it control Stereoscopic player, Hulu Desktop, SlimPlayer, Arcsoft TMT5, and it handles power management and input control for all home theater devices.
My setup with eventghost is very similar. What command do you use in your batch to launch 7MC?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:41 AM
Sage Expert

I don't have it setup to launch netflix in wm7. That is why I asked for your batch file, so I could set it up in my system. I have searched the internet for the command lint to do this and I can't find it. I figured I would have to use eventghost, but I first need to know the command to get it running.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Sage Icon

Try these for some info,

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/05/media...-switches.html

http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/ind...3rd-party-app/

I haven't tried either. Second one talks about directly launching the Netflix app in WMC and a GUID.

Netflix in WMC won't work for me in Canada so I haven't bothered to try.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks Jorton. This is exactly what I was looking for. Do you have any approximate timeframe as to when Gemstone Might be released? I would like to volunteer as beta tester.

Last edited by rnadeau; 08-07-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I don't have it setup to launch netflix in wm7. That is why I asked for your batch file, so I could set it up in my system. I have searched the internet for the command lint to do this and I can't find it. I figured I would have to use eventghost, but I first need to know the command to get it running.
I couldn't find the info either while I was at work. Forgot to get it for you once I got home. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Try these for some info,

http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/05/media...-switches.html

http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/ind...3rd-party-app/

I haven't tried either. Second one talks about directly launching the Netflix app in WMC and a GUID.

Netflix in WMC won't work for me in Canada so I haven't bothered to try.
The first is what I have in the batch file. It works very well. Every once in a while it will freeze, but not all that often.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Sage Expert

No Problem. I figured you had forgotten. I checked the links Jorton gave me and the second one gives the exact command line that takes you right to Netflix in WM7. This is it- windowsmediacenterapp:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}?EntryPointParameters=

Do not add the dash after the word it. I created a shortcut on my desktop with this link and it opens up WM7 right to Netflix.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
No Problem. I figured you had forgotten. I checked the links Jorton gave me and the second one gives the exact command line that takes you right to Netflix in WM7. This is it- windowsmediacenterapp:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}?EntryPointParameters=

Do not add the dash after the word it. I created a shortcut on my desktop with this link and it opens up WM7 right to Netflix.
That looks about right. I know it's called with the plugin's UUID. I set it up a year or so ago (I think there's a thread here on these forums about it).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 08-07-2012, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Jorton. This is exactly what I was looking for. Do you have any approximate timeframe as to when Gemstone Might be released? I would like to volunteer as beta tester.
Thanks for the offer... we will need some volunteers when we get to the point we are comfortable and ready to get more feedback/bugs/issues etc from more users.

No date set as of yet... it's tough to get a lot done with all the nice weather, vacation etc but we are each accomplishing more than I figured we would.

We will keep posting pics as we move along and hope to have something soon

k
Old 08-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Sage Icon

You can also use ADM (Another Dynamic Menu) to create/hide/rearrange your menus and it works nicely with Diamond

Here is the link for ADM
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56395

Last edited by graywolf; 08-07-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Sage Icon

Away we go!

Still looking for a few testers, look over here if interested,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58974

In no particular order.... here's a list of what's new,

Quote:
Options Menus - most options menus have been replaced with Gemstone specific ones on the right side of the screens that cascade as you go to various levels of options.

Menu Manager - ADM is built into Gemstone and is called Menu Manager. Change custom menu to "Metro Style" for a different look and feel.

Flows - Gemstone is Flow based with each Flow have the ability to display TV or Movies and each provides a different manner in presenting the media. Flows are created/edited in the Flow Manager in the Options Menu

VFS or Views - Flows are based off of the phoenix core vfs solution and uses a base set of Gemstone VFS's.

View Options - Adjust the presentation - grouping and sorting of the view.

View Filters - Adds some filtering to most views.

Info Options - available in the Flow Manager allows you to hide/show/adjust the look of the info screen displayed with each Flow type...typically on the right side but varies a little based on flows. There is a simple, poster and small background option as well as Split for some Flows (like Center Flow)

Customize - In the Flow Manager, offers all the various settings for the specific Flow type you are on.

Fanart Manager - Review fanart available for the selected media and set defaults or delete unwanted fanart.

Image Options - Clear or build the image cache, adjust fanart/image settings etc.

Import/Export - There is a common setup for Exporting settings for Menus, Flows etc. Allows you to move your settings to another client or extender.

EPG - Full Screen EPG with slide in info and some other tweaks.

OSD - Various little tweaks like Media Flag info.

Widget Manager - available from the Main Menu Options. Turn on/off the many widgets available in Gemstone and then set their options to vary what is displayed. Set the Live Widgets options to be able to navigate to the widget panels and see more info.

Utility Menu - available from the Main Menu Options. Some extra options here you should check out for adjusting the Logging, Image settings, Import/Export, reload Views/VFS if you manually edited your personal vfs file, clear your settings and some advanced options to check out the Task Switcher that is not really ready (uses FF/RW keys to switch between Flows etc) and here you can set the Double Back keypress setting to exit some of the flows.

Weather - Gemstone uses a new solution from the phoenix core to allow multiple providers... so far Google/NWS, Yahoo and World Weather (note the Google one has not been working - see forum). Lots of settings available from the Weather Options in the weather screens or off the Main Menu Options. Go into Customize to change the Icon sets or turn on the Optional Weather backgrounds (needs the Optional Plugin installed).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gemstone.jpg (91.1 KB, 591 views)
Old 09-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Guys

Thanks for working on SageTV! I thought everybody had pretty much moved on. Yet yesterday up pops the screen saying there is an update. I gave it a try and wow was I surprised.

I have a couple of questions. I have one placeshifter client that runs on my mac that shows content in the widgets, but on my extender the widgets come up empty. Has anybody seen that yet? Any suggestions on what I should do?

Also, the all grey is very depressing. I miss the nice blue that I had with diamond. Even my daughter asked me to bring the blue back. I can't find any option for changing the colour scheme to blue. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Greg
Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Sage Expert

There aren't really themes for Gemstone yet. I'm sure it's in the works.

If you open the options menu on the home screen, you can select a "Utilities" menu. On that menu you can change the highlight color... but I'm sure that won't be enough for you.

You can load the Weather Backgrounds, which will replace your background with various images appropriate for the current weather conditions.

You can also set custom backgrounds using the Menu Manager. From the home screen, press Options, then bring up the Menu Manager. On the menu manager screen, you can press Options again, and bring up the Background manager. Using the background manager, you can select images for each of the menus and submenus. You probably have an image somewhere on your PC that corresponds to the 'blue' theme you liked before...