SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Sage Expert

New driver for HD-PVR

Has anyone tried the new HD-PVR driver (1.7.1.30059)?

From Hauppauge's website:

Release Notes, version 1.7.1:
Fixes the TS to MP4 converter problem on Linux/Mac
Fixes Sony Vegas Load, Play and 2x FPS problem for progressive video
Fixes intermittent PCR bad value
Fixes installation issues on Windows XP
File name:hdpvr_1.7.1.30059.zip
Date: March 25, 2012
File size: 4 MB

This driver now supports Windows 7 Media Center. Your HD PVR can now be used in Windows Media Center as a TV recorder for cable TV and satellite set top boxes. Note: the installation for Windows 7 Media Center requires two parts: this driver plus the updates described under the "For Windows Media Center" tab above. First install this driver, then click on the "For Windows Media Center" tab above for instructions.

Notes:
This is a Windows driver only for Windows 7 and Vista (32 and 64-bit versions) plus Windows XP (32-bit only). For the Arcsoft Total Media Extreme application for HD PVR, you need your original CD. Updates to the TME application are available through Arcsoft Connect which can be found in Total Media Extreme (see below "Latest HD PVR application").

This driver fixes A/V sync issues with some Dish Network and FIOS set top boxes. This release also fixes IR receive issues with third party applications. In addition, this release includes changes to fix flash memory corruption problems.

This driver fixes a problem with loss of video sync (which shows up as a "glitch" in the video) when the video source switches from NTSC to PAL or from HD to SD while recording. This problem only occurs when recording from a cable TV or satellite set top box, when the broadcaster changes video formats in the middle of a broadcast. This problem does not affect recordings made from an XBox360 or Playstation3.

This driver also fixes video flicker problem on European Sony Playstation3 and also addresses reliability problems returning from Sleep mode.

This version includes a record format which can be immediately played back on a Sony Playstation3. This is the .M2TS format.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

just installed it yesterday and preliminary results is that the stuttering (especially on live streams) appears to have decreased for me...
Old 04-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Sage Expert

I've recorded a couple movies, but haven't had time to watch more than about an hour and a half. I think I counted 5 glitches in that time, which is about the same, or maybe a little better than what I had before.

It did seem better watching liveTV, though... I watched about 20min without a glitch and before it seemed it was every few mins.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

The last driver was giving me weird hiccups every few seconds so I ended up going back to the previous version I'd been using. Upgraded to the latest one and it seems to be just as good if not better than that older driver. No more hiccups.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Sage Icon

I had not tried this driver so installed it yesterday (previous releases beyond 1.5.7.0 never worked well for me).

It may be premature, but this one may have quelled my DD 5.1 drop-out issues. At least to the point where my Yamaha receiver doesn't do a freak-out every time the DirecTV MPEG4 stream is questionable. Here's hoping.