SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

IR signal detection too sensitive (Or Harmony remote too sensitive)

I'm having trouble in that whenever I'm using my harmony remote with the HD 300 most of the selections get received twice. For example if I click "Select" on the Harmony the HD 300 receives the signal twice and I have to use the back button.

Or if I'm very very careful and I click it very quickly sometimes only one signal is sent.

This is unique to the HD 300, I have many other devices in my configuration including Receiver, TV, DVD Player, Xbox1, Xbox 360, ipod Dock, light fixture. None of these other devices seem to have trouble with the Harmony and are not receiving double.

It's rather annoying and has lowered WAF.

Please help.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Go into the Help and troubleshooting for the Harmony. In it's little app you can tell it the problem you are having. Basically what you want to do is slow down the speed in which it executes the activities.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Try putting a piece of black electrical tape over the IR sensor. IR will pass thru the tape be be attentuated.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

I was having the same problem with one of my 300's. I have two Harmony One remotes and both acted the same way on the one HD300. Talked with Harmony and the tech made some changes but I still had the double entry. Emailed SageTV support got a flip answer.

Finally I did a complete reset of the HD300 and all was fine. This reset is the one where you hold the delete key on the SageTV remote and power on the HD300.

Hope it works for you...
Quote:
Originally Posted by grauchy View Post
I'm having trouble in that whenever I'm using my harmony remote with the HD 300 most of the selections get received twice. For example if I click "Select" on the Harmony the HD 300 receives the signal twice and I have to use the back button.

Or if I'm very very careful and I click it very quickly sometimes only one signal is sent.

This is unique to the HD 300, I have many other devices in my configuration including Receiver, TV, DVD Player, Xbox1, Xbox 360, ipod Dock, light fixture. None of these other devices seem to have trouble with the Harmony and are not receiving double.

It's rather annoying and has lowered WAF.

Please help.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks I'll try those options and let you know.