SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy Phoenix Error after Upgrading BMT

I just finished applying the BMT update that showed up in SageTV today for me. The BMT update had a dependency on Phoenix core services, so it was updated as well.

Once the SageTV service restarted, I popped back into BMT and saw the following error:

Code:
Tue Nov 29 19:30:33 GMT-500 2011 - Phoenix Error

Error in VFS File: .\STVs\Phoenix\vfs\x-vfs.xml; null
When I click on Browse in BMT, I get the following popups:

"Failed to get view for category null"

and

"Failed to get scans in progress"

Did I do something wrong? What's the best way to troubleshoot?

Thanks!
Software: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit ♠ SageTV v9.0.12.504 ♠ Java 1.8.0_111
Clients: 4 x STX-HD300 ♠ 3 x STX-HD200 ♠ MacOS Placeshifter
Old 11-30-2011, 04:35 AM
SageTVaholic

I would restart the SageTV server application one more time. I've seen this from time to time, and a restart will sometimes fix it.

I'm assuming you haven't edited the x-vfs.xml file, and as such, it should be a valid file, but if you did edit it, then your changes should go into their own file.

You can try the reload configurations from the BMT Refresh menu to see if it loads without errors.

You can try to remove the phoenix and bmt plugins and re-install. I've seen cases where the plugin manager hasn't extracted the packages correctly resulting in errors.

And finally, you can do a clean server restart, and then send me the logs from the server's logs directory and the sagetv_0.txt log file.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I would restart the SageTV server application one more time. I've seen this from time to time, and a restart will sometimes fix it.

I'm assuming you haven't edited the x-vfs.xml file, and as such, it should be a valid file, but if you did edit it, then your changes should go into their own file.

You can try the reload configurations from the BMT Refresh menu to see if it loads without errors.

You can try to remove the phoenix and bmt plugins and re-install. I've seen cases where the plugin manager hasn't extracted the packages correctly resulting in errors.

And finally, you can do a clean server restart, and then send me the logs from the server's logs directory and the sagetv_0.txt log file.
At this point I've restarted the SageTV services 3 times with the same result. I've also tried restarting Windows, but that didn't fix the problem either.

I do not recall ever editing the x-vfs.xml file. The last modified date shows 9-19-2011 in windows for me.

I've tried using the reload configurations button in BMT. However, that generates the messages that I mentioned in my original email still. I did this while SageTV debug logging was turned on.

What is the removal process for Phoenix and BMT? I want to make sure I do this surgically, rather than just ripping out a bunch of random folders and files as I guess what needs to be removed to roll them back out.

I have done a "clean restart" of SageTV with debug logging turned on. My next post will have the log files attached.

I really appreciate the help!!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePerogi View Post
My next post will have the log files attached.
Log files and xvfs.log attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (102.1 KB, 217 views)
Old 11-30-2011, 08:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePerogi View Post
Log files and xvfs.log attached.
According the date/time stamps on you x-vfs.xml file... it's not the current one... which means that the plugin manager did not extract it.

Uninstalling phoenix (in order to reinstall it) requires pulling out phoenix-core and phoenix-api (and unfortunately everything else that depends on it).

You could try manually updating the x-vfs.xml with the current one, http://sagephoenix.googlecode.com/sv.../vfs/x-vfs.xml and see if that quickly fixes the issue... but ultimately, the plugin manager did not update that file (and there may be other files that it didn't update as well, not sure).
Old 11-30-2011, 08:28 AM
SageTVaholic

in looking at your logs... i'm not seeing any errors actually... does phoenix work (or do you have phoenix installed)

if it's just bmt, then this may just be a browser cache issue... you could try hitting shift+reload a few times when on the main bmt status page to force the browser to reload all cached items, and see if that works.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

DOH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
if it's just bmt, then this may just be a browser cache issue... you could try hitting shift+reload a few times when on the main bmt status page to force the browser to reload all cached items, and see if that works.
That was it. All I had to do was clear my Chrome's browser cache on my MBPro. Once I did that and reloaded BMT, the issues appear to be gone. Sorry to waste your time stuckless. I truly appreciate it.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Awesome... browser cache gets a lot of people Glad it's working.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:03 AM

phoenix core services failed

I did the last update to the BMT and now Phoenix cor services is showing failed in installed plugins, complementary metadata tools & Phoenix fanart for Sagetv by jrekiwi will not enable. I can not figure out where the problem is. Please help