SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Display index on Recordings

The old SageTV 3 STV displayed a number (list index) next to each recording in the Recordings window. Is there anyway to turn that feature on in v7? If not, how about in Phoenix or Diamond?
Sage 7.1.9, Java Java 1.7.0_75, Windows 8.1, Athlon X4 620, 4GB, Hauppauge 950Q, ATI 650HD video encoder with IR/Blaster, Radeon 5450, HDMI out, TV is primary monitor, Plex Plug-in serves up to mobile devices/PS3/WiiU just fine
Old 11-08-2011, 06:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Try enabling the Malore secret features. I think that may of had that option.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Gerry,

I just tried the Malore menus. Unless I missed something it doesn't appear to do what I want.

I want to enable wrap around scrolling and have the list index visible as an easier visual cue (than the vertical scroll bar) that I've wrapped around. I find it all too easy to not notice I've wrapped around. I also find a scroll bar doesn't tell me how long I'll be scrolling (if I have lots of recordings) before coming to the end whereas numbering the recordings gives me an exact idea how fast I can scroll.

Would you have any other suggestion? I can't believe this feature simply disappeared. I'm hoping there is a configuration option (although admittedly I do not see one).

AndyM
Sage 7.1.9, Java Java 1.7.0_75, Windows 8.1, Athlon X4 620, 4GB, Hauppauge 950Q, ATI 650HD video encoder with IR/Blaster, Radeon 5450, HDMI out, TV is primary monitor, Plex Plug-in serves up to mobile devices/PS3/WiiU just fine
Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amac View Post
Gerry,

I just tried the Malore menus. Unless I missed something it doesn't appear to do what I want.

I want to enable wrap around scrolling and have the list index visible as an easier visual cue (than the vertical scroll bar) that I've wrapped around. I find it all too easy to not notice I've wrapped around. I also find a scroll bar doesn't tell me how long I'll be scrolling (if I have lots of recordings) before coming to the end whereas numbering the recordings gives me an exact idea how fast I can scroll.

Would you have any other suggestion? I can't believe this feature simply disappeared. I'm hoping there is a configuration option (although admittedly I do not see one).

AndyM
Turn on mouse icons if you have them turned off and look at the scroll bar icons. You get a visual clue as to where you are in the list. If you see a portion of the position button at both the top and the bottom of the scroll bar you have wrapped your list.