SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Sage User

Limit to Day - V7 Improvements?

In the advanced options of V6, you can only limit to days -- any day, or a specific day. I want to know if V7 supports "limit to Weekdays" and "limit to weekends"? If not that would be a great thing to add.

I have cases where a program airs M-F at 7pm. Then they repeat the broadcasts five times on Saturday and Sunday and "a" repeated show occurs on Sa/Su at 7pm as well. (happens to be the Th show in the week)

The only other way I suppose around this is setting up a manual broadcast - that is what is funny - the MANUAL option allows you select the actual days the program is to be recorded.

Not sure of the technical reason why - but the "first" and "re-run" stuff doesn't work with this program.

Actually a huge oversight from the day I saw this - a lot of the cheapo networks that tend to repeat crap over an 8 hour stretch - likewise do so over the weekend and yes, the same crap repeats from the actual weekdays.

thanks
belly
Old 09-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

yes in the favorites advanced options, you can say only record this a thursday between 2-3 if you want.
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 09-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

The SageTV development pretty much died when Google bought them, so don't wait on new features...

That TV show most likely uses a generic description, so there is no way to distinguish between one show and the next, which is why the "first" is useless...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 09-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptheripper View Post
yes in the favorites advanced options, you can say only record this a thursday between 2-3 if you want.
No that isn't what I am saying. Yes that works. What I am asking for is "isolate" to "Weekdays" (M-F) or "Weekends" (S/S).

Single day of the week shows are fine.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
The SageTV development pretty much died when Google bought them, so don't wait on new features...
Ah yes. Well that I guess that answers my question on V7's abilities. I am less surprised with your Google comment and more surprised that this was never done. This has been a problem with most VCRs.

Timed Recording isn't great since (AFAIK) you cannot rename it from "Timed Recording". If I had more freedom on renaming the program/broadcast name - then I would be able to use that as the show never drifts around the nightly time.

Ah well - thought I would ask. Thanks Fonceur.
b
Old 09-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyman View Post
In the advanced options of V6, you can only limit to days -- any day, or a specific day. I want to know if V7 supports "limit to Weekdays" and "limit to weekends"? If not that would be a great thing to add.
In the Favorite Details there is a multiple day selection in the Advanced Options (button at the bottom) where you can select which day(s) you want the favorite to only record on.

Weekends you can set to be Saturday and Sunday only. Same thing as a Weekend setting.

Week days you can set to Monday through Friday. Same thing as Week Day setting.

You can also setup the specific times of day that you want it to record the favorite by selecting the time period(s) (another multiple selection menu) that you want.

Would that not fit your requirements? No specific Weekend/Weekday setting but the option to set multiple days does the same thing I think.

J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FavMultiDaySelect.jpg (289.6 KB, 203 views)

Last edited by jorton; 09-24-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
In the Favorite Details there is a multiple day selection in the Advanced Options (button at the bottom) where you can select which day(s) you want the favorite to only record on.

Weekends you can set to be Saturday and Sunday only. Same thing as a Weekend setting.

Week days you can set to Monday through Friday. Same thing as Week Day setting.

Would that not fit your requirements? No specific Weekend/Weekday setting but the option to set multiple days does the same thing I think.

J
Ahhh -- so there IS a difference in V7. In V6 under Favorite/Advanced Options you can only LIMIT TO DAY and select a single day.

It appears they indeed copied from the Timed recording option, the ability to select the day(s).

Thank you - the ability to select the days you want is what I want - away from the "single day" option. Moot now since I cannot upgrade to V7 ...

belly

Last edited by bellyman; 09-25-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ahhh -- so there IS a difference in V7. In V6 under Favorite/Advanced Options you can only LIMIT TO DAY and select a single day.

It appears they indeed copied from the Timed recording option, the ability to select the day(s).

Thank you - the ability to select the days you want is what I want - away from the "single day" option. Moot now since I cannot upgrade to V7 ...

belly
You sure can upgrade to v7 they posted some .exes that accept v6 licenses here on the forum.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Sage Icon

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...03&postcount=1
Old 09-27-2011, 05:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Timed Recording isn't great since (AFAIK) you cannot rename it from "Timed Recording".
There is a v7 plugin called "Name Timed Recording" by tmiranda for that
Old 09-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Sage User

Great news indeed. Thank you everyone!