SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:59 AM
SageTVaholic

EPG Thread : Questions, Improvements, etc

This is the place to come talk about the EPG and things you'd like to see there. The EPG was one of the earliest screens we finished in Phoenix, and needs a few improvements now that we are in Beta.

Things on the list for sure :

1) Address the inconsistency with how currently airing shows and shows in the future are responded to when selected. Currently airing shows tune to that channel immediately, while you get Detailed info on future shows. A way to get the detailed info on a currently airing show is not currently possible.

2) A way to move to the current time.

3) Filtering (HD only, a set of favorite channels, etc)

4) A channel specific view

5) Jumping to specific channels via numeric input.

Any other questions or ideas feel free to chime in!

btl.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Sage Icon

when in guide, the record button does nothing. Would like the record button to bring up option of record or record series.
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 05:55 AM
Sage User

Queondas suggestion and number 5 would high on my list.

Also can we have

Show the day next to the date. It helps when searching for a future recording

Skip the epg by 24hours by using the ff. / rw. Buttons

Something that really bugs me about the way sage works is if a show is recording and you select it in the epg it will start the show at the beginning rather than tuning into the live program. Is there any way to change this?

Cheers

edit:

2 more that I would like to see added regarding favourites

When setting up a favourite and selecting which channels to use would it be possible to 'highlight' the selected channels in colour rather than / also with the - 'has future airings' caption?

and in the defaults section in favourites would it be possible to have an option to default to record only on the selected channel?
eg, if I'm going through the guide and find something to record on channel 4 HD and I set it up as a favourite it would then stop me having to go and unselect all of the other channels like, channel 4, channel 4 +1, E4, E4 HD, E4 +1, as channel 4HD would be the only channel (by default) selected.

Cheers (again)

edit2:

2) A way to move to the current time. - Pressing the guide button again whilst already in the guide and have it jump to the current time would be handy.

Last edited by ghost5; 06-26-2011 at 08:55 AM.