SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can I get a client to choose SD encoder over HD encoder?

I have NYC local Time Warner clear QAM channels on the same channel lineup as SD local channels from a Time Warner STB. Clear QAM is input through the digital tuner on a Hauppauge 1850 card and the SD through the same card's S-Video.

This setup works fine through a HD 300. Sage uses the HD Clear QAM unless the encoder is in use, then it uses the STB's SD.

The problem is that I would like to force a client on a single core 1.8Mhz PC to choose the local SD channels as it doesn't have enough "horsepower" to play the HD mpg files. I've tried setting encoder merit on the client's properties file (on the client machine) but Sage still picks the HD over the SD recording.

I have a HD PVR for HD channels from the STB and I guess I could use the local HD channels from it for viewing via the HD 300 and map only the SD local channels (for client viewing), but I would miss the clear QAM mpg files, especially for quick comskip processing (much quicker than the TS files.)

Any ideas?