SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Sage Fanatic

HD300 Crashing

A while back, my HD300 started "crashing" after 13 - 20 minutes of playing back radio streams from SlimPlayer. This happened consistantly, but only in SlimPlayer. By a crash, I mean the screen either froze or went black, and the blue light on the front was on, but didn't flicker when you sent it IR commands. The only way to recover was to unplug and plug in the power.

I re-installed the 7.1 RC from scratch and didn't install any plug-ins. It seemed to work fine playing back MP3s, but after a longer period (an hour or two), it also froze.

Fast forward a couple weeks and now it's freezing during video playback. At this point, it won't even play a 30min sitcom without having to be power cycled at least once.

I've tried all sorts of different output settings (audio and video), configurations, and firmware (the latest BETA and the last release), with no change. The only thing I haven't done is go back to the official 7.0 release, which I really don't want to do as some plug-ins I use rely on 7.1 now.

Anyone see this before of have any ideas? (I saw a thread a while back about audio playback doing something similar, but seemed like a firmware update fixed that.) I did finally open a support ticket, but not even sure if my unit is under warranty or what sort of support is being offered now...
Old 08-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

I finally opened an official support request about this and was surprised about the quick response--first asking to try a couple things and then an RMA # after I replied with my results. The kids think that the "TV" is broken and I need to buy a new one...I may use that as an excuse to upgrade.

In the meantime, the Lions are playing tonight and I have no idea how to watch them...

EDIT: Placeshifter! Not the big screen, but still works...whew.

Last edited by KarylFStein; 08-19-2011 at 05:59 PM.