SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-29-2011, 01:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sage recording/scheduling problem.

I have 4 analog tuners with 4 Pace DTV boxes controlled by 2 USB UIRTs. On 1 particular day of the week I have 5 cable TV shows I want to record that come on back to back in one 3 hour block. Thanks to the fact that I have Sage set to use 1 minute of padding before and after each show, shows whose start and stop times shouldn't normally conflict do conflict thanks to the padding.

So 1 show invariably gets set to record at a later time by the Sage scheduling algorithm. I don't have a problem with that. The problem I have is that when it comes to do the actual recording Sage records the show that was supposed to be recorded at a later time at it's original time but a minute into the show as that's when a tuner frees up from the padding caused by recording an earlier and different show. So I miss the 1st minute of the show that was supposed be recorded later. Is there a way to set Sage not to do this? I'm using Sage v6.6.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunray View Post
So I miss the 1st minute of the show that was supposed be recorded later. Is there a way to set Sage not to do this? I'm using Sage v6.6.
Upgrade to v7; that was one of the fixes.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

I tried v7 Sage and I really don't like the new interface. Is there any other way to solve the problem?
Old 08-05-2011, 09:49 AM
SageTVaholic

If you don't like the interface then go into the Detail Settings-Advanced and choose the SageTV3.xml. It will be the same interface as v6 but you lose the great plugin manager that came out in v7. The other option is to try the Diamond interface or the Phoenix interface which are v7 plugins.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.