SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Sage Expert

Scheduling problem

I recently added an HDPVR to my Sage setup. It's great, I can now record Dish HD programming (when it works). I also have 5 OTA tuners that pull in my local stations, so I'm running with two sets of guide data. For some reason Sage sometimes schedules a show that is available on an OTA tuner using the HDPV (my HD locals are available via Dish). No biggie, except lately I've been getting conflicts that I need to manually resolve.

The latest is for 12/3 - I have a favorite that records all NFL games. The game on 12/3 is on ESPN, so it needs to use the HDPVR tuner. Sage scheduled Survivor to record using the HDPVR and indicated that there was a conflict so it wouldn't record the game. This would be an annoying inconvenience if at least I could set it to record the game instead and have it automatically record Survivor on one of the OTA tuners. However, after setting Sage to record the NFL game instead of Survivor, it now indicates that Survivor will not record. It's been 4 hours since I "resolved" the conflict, so I would assume that Sage is not going to record Survivor without additional assistance. I have channels set to ANY for both favorites, and Survivor is about 5 places higher than NFL games on the favorites list.

Many years ago I had cable and DirecTV and I recall Sage handling conflicts with amazing results. Perhaps I'm missing something?
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 12-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Are you sure the OTA tuners see the stations as having the same station IDs as the ones on the other tuner? Channel Setup in SageTV v6.6 will display the station ID for the currently highlighted channel.

If the channels with the show in question are enabled on both tuners, it sounds like perhaps the ShowIDs for the airings are different -- is there one Survivor scheduled to record & another showing as the conflict?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Sage Icon

Have you tried setting the:
mmc/encoders/#########/encoder_merit=9

Mine is set that way for the HDHR, and then my WinTV-HVR 2250 is set lower, so my system always uses my HDHR first, the the 2250's are second so they can record analog OR hd as needed.
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 12-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Sage Expert

The show ID's are the same. The schedule showed Survivor as a conflict and indicated it would not be recorded. It looks like within the last hour Sage released Survivor as a conflict and rescheduled it. Not sure what took it so long, as it is usually pretty quick to adjust. I've always been very impressed with Sage's scheduling so it was a surprise when this happened.

I'll probably go ahead and set the encoder merit so the HDPVR is the last option for recording. I used to do that with cable/DirecTV and I remember it working pretty well. Thanks.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 12-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Administrator

I just realized that if the lineups do their EPG updates at different times, it could be that one update hadn't finished processing the new data for the scheduler yet & perhaps the airings looked different than the ones on the other lineup. I'm not entirely sure this could do what you saw, but there is a FAQ on how to force when an EPG update is done & you could try having both lineups update around the same time early in the day or late at night.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.