SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Angry Lost Recording! Corrupted Wiz.bin/Sage Database???

Back in May, I reported in another thread about a strange problem with a future-dated recording showing up, but really pointing to an existing recording file. I've had the same problem again. I won't recap the problem from back then, but that thread describes what happened.

I have only ever recorded 1 episode of Austin City Limits - back in 2009, and that episode is marked as archived. Today, looking at TV Recordings, I suddenly see an entry for a second episode of Austin City Limits - that says it recorded on August 6, 2011. (By the way, I currently have *no* recordings for Austin City Limits scheduled, and it's not set up as a favorite!) But the actual file this future recording was pointing to (based on the preview thumbnail) was an episode of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, from 2006. When I tried to play the file, it went to live TV, and apparently ERASED my recording of that Studio 60 episode, which I had ALSO ARCHIVED.

I am using Sage 7.1.9 (but I previously had the problem with Sage 7.0.23.) So obviously, there's a serious bug, or some file with data about recordings and the program guide is corrupted. Could this be consistent with a corrupted wiz.bin, or some other file? Is there some way to rebuild these files? This is like Russian Roulette, waiting to see if another file gets overwritten/deleted by Sage.

Oh, by the way, I have not manually moved any recordings recently, or anything like that. I have the same recording folders defined that I've had for the past several years.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

The only time I have had Sage go to live TV when trying to play a recorded file was when Sage was unable to "see" the file. This can be the result of the file no longer being there, or in my case, a permission issue which prevented me from accessing the file.

Is the file viewable in your stored directory?

Grant
Old 07-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the suggestion. Files in that directory are certainly viewable. Of course, *that* file was deleted, so I can't really say about it's permissions. But there's no good reason for the permissions on one file in a recording directory to change without any warning or action.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellThen View Post
Hi Grant,

Thanks for the suggestion. Files in that directory are certainly viewable. Of course, *that* file was deleted, so I can't really say about it's permissions. But there's no good reason for the permissions on one file in a recording directory to change without any warning or action.
It isn't just due to permissions. I've had it happen when sage simply can't play the file. I try to watch an mkv and suddenly I'm watching live tv. Not sure why it would do that.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. My guess is that this is not solely related to inability to see/play the file. Bear in mind the sequence of events:
  1. I go to TV recordings in Sage, and see a new "recording" of Austin City Limits, for a show that won't air until August 6th
  2. The thumbnail associated with that "recording" shows a scene from Studio 60
  3. Finally, I try to "watch" the supposed "recording" and get Live TV
So, before Live TV was ever invoked, the problem with the Sage database existed.

Please keep the suggestions coming. Thanks.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

From reading, I am unable to determine whether it is that Sage does not see/play the file, or that the actual file itself is deleted. Does the actual file still exist when you view it in File Explorer on your hard drive?

grant
Old 07-27-2011, 09:25 AM
Administrator

It sounds to me like the airing ID that is part of the filename may have been from an older installation of SageTV. When the file was seen by SageTV this time, the filename's ID ended up matching a different airing. If that is what happened, then v7.1 can use the embedded info instead of the airing ID to prevent this kind of problem by setting the "seeker/ignore_airing_ids_in_imported_filenames" property to true.

-Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Grant - yes, the file is physically gone.

Andy - thanks for the suggestion. If I set that property "seeker/ignore_airing_ids_in_imported_filenames" to true, what happens to all of the older recordings that don't have embedded info? Are you saying that they'll be safe, because Sage 7.1 won't be able to find the ID either in the filename (because of the property) *or* in the file (because it's not there) and will therefore never think it has a match? And the only downside would be that Sage might record some older shows that are already recorded, because it won't see them?

Last edited by WellThen; 07-27-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Administrator

I don't think use of that property will affect anything already imported/recognized as a recording.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK, thanks, I'll give it a try.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sorry to dig up an old thread but did setting this property fix this issue for anyone? I set it a while back and I still have this issue. I have about 10 files that have done this and i have not had enough time to fix them. I am going to try to recover them today using the moods outlined in some other threads but I would like to know how to keep this from happening. Setting the property to true did not do it for me.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Bumping this again - can anyone comment on if this works? I have lots of old recordings whose airing ids eventually (typically 3 years after the recording) link to some future recording, and so the file for ShowX thinks it's now ShowY. I can manually correct these as I encounter them, by manually editing the metadata (using the webserver), but it would be nice if I didn't have to keep doing this. I just updated to Sage9 and will try to hook in the SD EPG this weekend, but have no idea if that will make things better or worse. So, will setting "seeker/ignore_airing_ids_in_imported_filenames" to true take care of things, or does it in fact apply only to imported videos, not recordings?
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.