SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Sage User

Channel skipping or adding numbers in channel change

Ok, I am totally sick of this happening........Im using sage tv 7 and winxp with 3 hauppauge tuners, usbuirt and a mx500 remote, the problem is then often but not all the time, the system has a show scheduled to record so when I go into the show after it has recorded.......it's the wrong channel, it makes no sense cause it sometimes adds a number and sometimes it ignores a number, like today I had a show to record on channel 13 it changed the tuner to channel 3 and completely missed the number 1 digit, I have had this problem for a long time, i have been just putting up with it, if anyone has any input to this please help, maybe a usbuirt tool for settings or something........

Thanks
Old 07-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

What kind of cable box do you have? You might be able to use serial tuning which is much more reliable.

As far as using the USBUIRT, use the remote IR emitters if possible making sure to line them up properly with the cable box. You can also try to adjust the timing settings for channel changes in Sage. If we know your cable box, we might be able to help more.

Last edited by Jackal24; 07-03-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Sage User

poking around I found this thread --> http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37016

I will try that and see what happens