SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Just a big thanks for all the customizations developers!

THANKS!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes indeed! All the time put in by developers has made my experience even more better!

to all..

Grant
Old 06-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes a big thanks to all of them. From the big projects to the little enhancements. Thanks to you all for adding to the SageTV experience.
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 06-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Sage User

from me too, thank you all. A large part of why i'll work hard to keep sage running for a good long time is the work you all have done. From people i hardly see on the boards anymore to those that are so active now.

Thanks for the past and thanks for what is yet to come!!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

+1. I find interesting that for all the whining that has gone on in this forum the last few days, hardly any (none?) of it has come from developers. IMO they have an investment in Sage that is more precious than money - their time. Thanks for all the hard work to make my family's experience with Sage and awesome one. Big THANKS to you all!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Sage Expert

Big Thank you as well. You guys made all the difference and without you Sage wouldn't be what it is. Hopefully there are few cases of beer are heading your way from Mountain View.

TV: Samsung UN46D8000
Server: Intel Core i3 540, 4G RAM, Matrox G450, 70GB EXT3 encrypted software RAID1 system drive, 1TB XFS tv recording drive, 2TB EXT3 encrypted data drive mirror across 2 machines, 2TB EXT3 encrypted media drive mirror across 2 machines, CentOS 6 64 bit, Experimenting with DNLA servers
1Gb wired network
Disconnected after G day[HD 100 Media Extender, Placeshifter 7.x, SageTV 7.x, HDHomeRun]
Old 06-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

+1! without all your hard work sagetv would just not nearly be what it is.

Clients: 3 x MediaMVP, 2 x HD-300, 4 x SageTV Client

Old 06-23-2011, 11:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
+1. I find interesting that for all the whining that has gone on in this forum the last few days, hardly any (none?) of it has come from developers. IMO they have an investment in Sage that is more precious than money - their time. Thanks for all the hard work to make my family's experience with Sage and awesome one. Big THANKS to you all!
They were doing it because they enjoyed it. The sale of SageTV doesn't take away that enjoyment they already got out of it. I'm sure they're just as shocked/upset/angry/disappointed/blah/blah/blah as we are.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 06-23-2011, 01:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
+1. I find interesting that for all the whining that has gone on in this forum the last few days, hardly any (none?) of it has come from developers. IMO they have an investment in Sage that is more precious than money - their time.
For me, this hits the nail on the head. I can't begin to tell you how many hours of time I have put into learning Studio, Java, and everything else that goes along with Sage development. I'm not complaining because it is something I choose to do

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

I too want to add my thanks to all of the SageTV developers!
I know they do it for the fun of it - they obviously love the challenge of learning new things. Just know that all that you do is very appreciated by the community here.
SERVER: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz - UnRaid Server 6.8.0/DVB LibreELEC with Docker stuckless-sagetv-server-java9 MOTHERBOARD: ASRock-Z77 Extreme4 / 32GB RAM CACHE DRIVE: SSD 1TB ARRAY: 24TB/7 DRIVES PARITY: 8TB
EXTERNAL DEVICES: 4x HD-PVR's Firewire Channel Changing
TUNERS:NO LONGER RECORDING LIVETV
CLIENTS: 2xHD300 2xHD200 SONY ANDROIDTV MINI-CLIENT
Old 06-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Sage Icon

I'll add my thanks as well. The developers of the plugins, ui mods, whole ui's, etc are a very large part of what has made SageTV such a great HTPC solution.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

+1 (and more if i could)
Old 06-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Sage User

Yes thanks to all of you great job that makes Sage what it is.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

+1000
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 06-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Quote:
I'll add my thanks as well. The developers of the plugins, ui mods, whole ui's, etc are a very large part of what has made SageTV such a great HTPC solution.
Ditto! You guys turn a great Media Center into a Wonderful Media Experience!!

THANKS!!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Sage User

I also wanted thank all the developers who have made SageTV the great product that it is.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:20 AM
SageTVaholic

I wanted to thank you guys as well. Sage wouldn't be near what it is without you guys. I just wish I could have actually gotten somewhere with my project before the doors closed. I just think it will take me too long to get it to where I want before our user base disappears.

My brother still wants to work on it, but I can't buy him a server key so he can use studio.

I do have a question for all devs though. Is development going to continue for most projects? I know some are, but I'd like to hear from everybody else (I know it's summer, but I'm talking after that )
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I wanted to thank you guys as well. Sage wouldn't be near what it is without you guys. I just wish I could have actually gotten somewhere with my project before the doors closed. I just think it will take me too long to get it to where I want before our user base disappears.

My brother still wants to work on it, but I can't buy him a server key so he can use studio.

I do have a question for all devs though. Is development going to continue for most projects? I know some are, but I'd like to hear from everybody else (I know it's summer, but I'm talking after that )
I've dropped plans for new projects - one that was in planning stage and one that has a decent amount of code written, but still had a long ways to go. I will continue to support my released plugins through user support, code updates, and some, but not all originally planned feature enhancements.

New projects are a no go for me until the future of this platform is defined (by Jeff and/or Google). I don't expect any such info for at least months down the road. I'm pretty much on a coding hiatus (w.r.t. SageTV) until the fall anyway, but until Google lays out their plans, my plans are to stop all new development for the Sage platform. The exceptions are that I've written an EPG plugin for Schedules Direct and am assisting in providing an online mirror of the Sage plugins repository - projects required to keep my setup alive in the event Google decides to shut all the Sage infrastructure down. I also do some private coding for my personal setup, which obviously isn't affected, but also doesn't affect the community.

My feelings are that until the future of this platform is laid out to us, I don't have the desire to invest in anything new.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 06-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I've dropped plans for new projects - one that was in planning stage and one that has a decent amount of code written, but still had a long ways to go. I will continue to support my released plugins through user support, code updates, and some, but not all originally planned feature enhancements.
Pretty much in the same boat... I have replaced some of the Remote control buttons by new ones made by jorton, which resulted in updates to TaSageTV and a version of TiSageTV waiting on review, but more complex stuff still on the to-do list are not likely to get done any time soon, unless Google/SageTV release new information...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 06-29-2011, 11:22 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm working on Navi-X, but that has a long way to go. I'll probably go back and fix a few bugs in existing plugins before starting anything new. Once that's done I'll have to see the state of things.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.