SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Sometimes Banners not showing for TV Series

I have a lot of Kids's shows that have a mix of SageTV recordings and Imported Video files - imported from a previous Sage server or from WMC, etc. With a couple of these TV series I am not getting a TV Show banner showing up in my TV Recordings screen. There actually is a proper banner file existing in the Fanart folder and in a couple of instances it has been shown at times, but it has now disappeared. I have tried deleting and recaching as well as rescanning for imported files.

But the problem could be caused by somewhat incomplete metadata as the Show Title is correct in all instances but often there is no Episode name which causes BMT to not have full metadata. And I had to change the metadata for these files from Video to TV - and in many instances it seems that the Fanart location according to BMT is still in the "Movies" folder instead of the "TV" folder.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot and/or fix this problem?
Old 05-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Sage Icon

I use the Read, Write and Edit Metadata plugin.

Select the first show in the Series. You should see Manage Metadata in the options screen. Select it and search for Metadata and Fanart.

After select the banner and hit the delete key. There should be an option to delete Diamond Cache. Do so.

If that did not fix it go into the Manage Metadata View and Edit Fanart. Find a Banner you like and select it and make it the Default when the options come up. After select the banner and hit the delete key.

I have had to close Sage to get it to take before.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks - I will try that. I typically use BMT for managing all of my metadata. It is funny that may of the files have valid metadata and Fanart but not all - from what you saying it seems that the first show is the most important.

Can the Diamond Dev team confirm this?
Old 05-16-2011, 04:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Thanks - I will try that. I typically use BMT for managing all of my metadata. It is funny that may of the files have valid metadata and Fanart but not all - from what you saying it seems that the first show is the most important.

Can the Diamond Dev team confirm this?
Correct the was it works currently it pulls from the first show. There really wasn't a easier way to do this as that is what the fanart is associated with. Although I have come up with a better way we might try, but probably not.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Is the first show dependent on the sort order that you are using for shows or does Diamond internally use a different order to retrieve files, such as a MediaFileID? I use Newest First as a sort order.

Got it working now - some of the metadata was not complete and although the Show title was correct there are a few instances where there is a ShowID - this essentially matches the ID from TVDB. Once I fixed these fields with a bit of playing around with updating the raw metadata in BMT everything looks good.