SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-10-2010, 03:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Banners under video

So i searched but i have not found any thing. I was looking for the banners to be used under the video tab under folder view for TV series since there is no other way to really handle tv series other then this. I know that fuzzy add banners under malero for TV recording that looks good but i hate how all the TV series cant be sub category by season. Please help me maybe i am missing something.....

Really there seams no good way right now to handle tv series
2-HD200, Win7pro64bit,AMD Athlon II X4 quad620 / 2.60GHz,4gb Memory Speed MHz: 800,320hd for os, scsi 80gb recording+comcerial cutting then transfered to 2tb for tv and movies. 1 HDHR 2x250 nas for other media and a small whs server for backup only
Old 11-10-2010, 08:40 AM
Sage Icon

you can check out TVExplorer for v7. It is not in the repository... yet... but install instructions for v7 are here.

See the link in my signature for a description of TVE.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-10-2010, 09:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Thats why I use the Season-Episode display for Malore as well. It doens't group the shows by season, but it makes it very easy to scroll/view what season a show is from. However, as razr mentioned, TVE does have the season grouping.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-10-2010, 10:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Use TVE... hopefully the more people that use it and sing its praises, the quicker we'll get version 2.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 11-10-2010, 02:22 PM
SageTVaholic

You could always use then next version of diamond

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&postcount=234
Old 11-10-2010, 02:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
You could always use then next version of diamond

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&postcount=234
Go away... you're not welcome here. Get back to making TV work in SMM.

On a more serious note, that's getting closer to something I'd be willing to try out, but not quite there yet. TVE is like a drug for my household. We used the default UI for all of 2 days before I had to figure out how to get TVE working under V7.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 11-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

TVE is some what great and pluckyhd i do like that too. But really we should with TV do something that is easy and smooth. I know i am just a humble user that appreciates all the hard work that go into these plug ins and into sagetv. But I think tv series lay should be like;
TV Series

Left right
Series banners Info about series
>Season banner Info about season
> Episode Banner Info about episode

I know i don't have any pictures but i think that would be great layout BMT already gets this info it just needs to be a simple layout.. Again just a simple users
2-HD200, Win7pro64bit,AMD Athlon II X4 quad620 / 2.60GHz,4gb Memory Speed MHz: 800,320hd for os, scsi 80gb recording+comcerial cutting then transfered to 2tb for tv and movies. 1 HDHR 2x250 nas for other media and a small whs server for backup only
Old 11-10-2010, 03:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameriz View Post
TVE is some what great and pluckyhd i do like that too. But really we should with TV do something that is easy and smooth. I know i am just a humble user that appreciates all the hard work that go into these plug ins and into sagetv. But I think tv series lay should be like;
TV Series

Left right
Series banners Info about series
>Season banner Info about season
> Episode Banner Info about episode

I know i don't have any pictures but i think that would be great layout BMT already gets this info it just needs to be a simple layout.. Again just a simple users
That is exaclty what ploxee did but ploxee died a early death. YOu won't see diamond do this in the default (to hard to modify).

You will see SMM do this.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That is exaclty what ploxee did but ploxee died a early death. YOu won't see diamond do this in the default (to hard to modify).

You will see SMM do this.

I understand that is what i wanted but here is also same kind of thing ocourse i just throwed this toghoer really quick so dont judge me for how it looks but the concept
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tv series horrible test.jpg (136.4 KB, 176 views)
Old 11-10-2010, 04:05 PM
SageTVaholic

The biggest problem is how to represent everything on the same screen. Especially trying to use banners for everything (especially season). Drill down would work, though i personally don't like the extra step of drilling through a season step, when I'm usually just looking for the next unwatched episode. In fact, i don't really see much use for season banners at all - as most I've seen are just a generic banner of the show, with the words 'Season 1' printed on them. I'd much rather simply have a numeric selector that could filter the episode list to either All, or the selected season (I believe that's basically how TVE did it).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
The biggest problem is how to represent everything on the same screen. Especially trying to use banners for everything (especially season). Drill down would work, though i personally don't like the extra step of drilling through a season step, when I'm usually just looking for the next unwatched episode. In fact, i don't really see much use for season banners at all - as most I've seen are just a generic banner of the show, with the words 'Season 1' printed on them. I'd much rather simply have a numeric selector that could filter the episode list to either All, or the selected season (I believe that's basically how TVE did it).
You should finish ploxee
Old 11-10-2010, 05:54 PM
SageTVaholic

I can't even finish my single line plugins.. ;-)

Old 11-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
you do have a point about the unwatched episode but that would be kind of a easy fix wouldn't just like in TVE you can tell it to go to the unwatched video. The only reason i say drill down is the best is because like i stated if you only have two seasons of something its not bad but you get into more than 3-10 seasons its a pain ( plus the unwatched one only works if one person is watching a series and sometime your just looking for one episode) I agree about there are some generic banner's out there the only reason i say that is it looks better for viewing. That why with so much information i was saying drill down would be the best and i dont know how hard it would be but if you have preset that would all you to just hit play on a season and go to the next unwatched episode that would fix that issue to and would be cool
Old 11-10-2010, 06:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Ploxee did all of that I am hopeful someone will have time to a. Finish ploxee or b. Come out with something else.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Ploxee did all of that I am hopeful someone will have time to a. Finish ploxee or b. Come out with something else.
yes it would be nice it is like the one thing missing that is important on the top of the list
Old 11-10-2010, 07:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameriz View Post
yes it would be nice it is like the one thing missing that is important on the top of the list
The catch here, is that everyone has a different list. I, and my family, are quite happy with the functionality of the Malore menu's, just needing some minor asthetic changes.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Just for you because I am nice (maybe I wanted it a little bit)

Season Drill Down

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=243
Old 11-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'd much rather simply have a numeric selector that could filter the episode list to either All, or the selected season (I believe that's basically how TVE did it).
ya thats exactly what TVE does... its also on the far right hand side of the UI so it doesnt interfere with normal navigation... i did this because like you i want to go to the last unwatched episode by default and not care what season it is... but the filters are there if needed.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 11-11-2010, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
ya thats exactly what TVE does... its also on the far right hand side of the UI so it doesnt interfere with normal navigation... i did this because like you i want to go to the last unwatched episode by default and not care what season it is... but the filters are there if needed.
Yes last unwatched or last started is important to me as well. Working on that for diamond not the funniest code
Old 11-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yes last unwatched or last started is important to me as well. Working on that for diamond not the funniest code

I have that code in TVBrowser, but I call it "Next Episode" - always defaults to the top of the list, so you can select the series and then just play the next episode without having to find it in the list.

Hit me up if you want the code for it.
Extenders: HD300 connected to a Samsung 56" DLP HDTV; HD300 connected to a Sharp 42" LCD
Storage: OmniOS w/6 1TB Samsung Spinpoint in a RaidZ2 configuration in a 20 bay SATA hotswap case.